four.

INSTAGRAM

matthew

matthew.sturniolo happy birthday my evie. i love you to the moon and to saturn.

VIEW COMMENTS.

evcourtney aw thanks mattyb 🫶

christophersturniolo faves

nicolassturniolo you knew what you were doing with the taylor lyric.

nicolassturniolo HAPPY BIRTHDAY EVIEEEEE

lorelaii my bff 🫶

isabellemolina happy birthday evie ‼️‼️

user STOPPPPP THEM >>>>>

user guys... who else saw the news ???

user i did omg 

user what news...

user a couple days ago there was an accident in somerville involving a minivan

user omg matt's minivan ?????

user i think so, they said that the people in the car were two teens and matt's like the only teen who drives a minivan.

user wait no that's so scary i hope they're okay !!

parkerthomas happy birthday evie! thanks for inviting us matt ❤️

matthew.sturniolo ofc park, glad u and leanne could make it 

so that's what they were doing now. pretty much lying to the internet. sure, the fans found out about the accident, but matt made a pact to make sure the fans don't find out about the amnesia. the amount of stress it could cause evelyn to have more than three million people dming her or commenting could get to be way too much.

he also still didn't tell evelyn that he was the one driving.

yeah, it was hard to pretend. but matt was determined he could make it work. he wanted to help evie as much as possible to make up for what he did. even when she didn't know the main reason why he was so keen on pretending.

"hey, matt!" evelyn chirped, walking into the living room. the party had ended and everyone went home, leaving only matt and evelyn at her house (excluding her father who was upstairs watching whatever horror movie he chose for tonight).

"hi ev." matt smiled at the girl, who sat down next to him on the couch.

"wanna watch a movie?" she asked. "how about a marvel movie?"

you know i hate marvel, evie. matt almost says before remembering. of course she wouldn't know. 

"yeah, sure." he says instead. it's not like evelyn hasn't forced him to watch every single marvel movie in existence against his will before. it wouldn't be the end of the world to go through them again.

"good! i have to rewatch all the ones that came out in the past few years. since, you know..." she trailed off, looking at matt, who looked away. "i remember watching everything before civil war. what's civil war about?" she asks.

"uh, it's the one where captain america and iron man fight." matt says, trying to convince her that he likes marvel. "iron man recruits spider-man in this movie. he's your favorite." he tells her.

"spider-man?" evelyn asks. "who plays him?"

"tom holland." matt replies. "you love tom holland."

"tom holland." she repeats. "i remember that name a little bit. maybe watching this movie will help me remember." 

"maybe." matt says, suddenly feeling hopeful. "put it on."

evelyn played the movie. about halfway through, matt felt the girl snuggle up against him. 

"this is okay, right?" she asks. "i'm trying to remember what we used to do when we watched movies."

"this is perfect." matt says. "this is what we used to do."

and the two stayed like that. cuddled up together on the couch, staying up all night and even most of the next day watching every single marvel movie that had come out after evie had turned twelve. seeing the genuine surprise that came onto evelyn's face every time something happened, as if she hadn't seen it before, was something that made matt smile. it was like the two of them were watching these movies for the first time again

and suddenly, matt loves marvel movies.

maha speaks :)

HELLO TYSM FOR 1K!!!!