Chapter 21 | night fall

After the best party he'd ever had, Adrien helped Nathalie pack everything up. Luka insisted on helping too, and pretty soon after the party ended they were on their way back home and ready to get some sleep.

It was 11:30, and much later than they usually got to bed having school to go to and all. Unpacking the bags of presents and leftover food from the car, Gabriel watched from the window of his office. Nathalie looked exhausted but happy, her sickness making her more weak and tired than usual. But she was clearly glad to have given Adrien his dream birthday. Adrien looked bursting with joy and slightly drowsy as he walked up the stairs, presents in hand. And Luka...

Gabriel knew who Luka was, and had only really talked to him a few times about Adrien's band practice. But he did know a bit about him after having akumatized him twice, and when it got out Jagged stone was his father. Gabriel wasn't particularly against Luka, he seemed extremely caring. But he wasn't easily impressed, and Lukas alternative look did put him off a little. Not that Luka would give a shit what Adriens ass of a dad thought of him that was.

The three made it inside, and put away the party supplies in their respective places. The only things left were Adrien's presents and Lukas overnight bag which were both to head up to Adrien's room with them.

"Alright, it's already late so don't stay up too long chatting. I'm going to bed, I'm exhausted. As long as you're not too loud and rowdy your father won't even notice you're still up" Nathalie said.

"Thanks for everything Nathalie, it was the best party I could have asked for" Adrien replied, giving his mother figure a hug.

Nathalie gladly returned said hug, and have him a hair ruffle.

"Don't mention it, Adrien. Now get some sleep kids" she smiled.

They bid her goodnight, and the boys headed up to Adrien's room. Luka had only been in here once, when Adrien managed to sneak some of the boys in, but now it was just him and Adrien. The whole room, all to themselves.

Dropping their bags on his desk, the boys finally has some time to sit down and rest.

"That was so much fun" Adrien sighed, sitting at the end of his bed.

"I'm glad you liked it, you deserve to have a break from everything" Luka replied, sitting next to him.

"And thank you for helping out"

"Don't mention it, anything for you sunshine"

Adrien blushed a little at the sweet pet name and smiled.

"Well I wanna go wash all the glitter and makeup off, so I'm taking a super quick shower. You can too once I'm done, I'll get you a towel" Adrien said.

"Thanks, I should really get all the makeup off as well" Luka replied.

"And once were in pyjamas we can watch a movie or play some video games, or talk"

"Sounds good, you do need at least a little sleep though. Don't get too carried away"

"Yeah, yeah I know"

While Adrien took a shower to get all the glitter off, Luka finally had the chance to properly look around Adriens room. It was big, and since his family was very well off there was a lot to do in there. TV, video game console, basketball hoop, piano, computer set up, and tons of books on the shelves.

But it was the smaller details Luka was interested in. The photos of Adrien and his mother framed on the bedside table, the sticky notes on the desk with reminders on them, the stuffed animal on the pillows. All the little details really told him a lot about Adrien's day to day life and his inner thoughts. He also just liked to see the little notes on the pin board under each photo describing it. On the photos of the two of them together, he'd added hearts and smiley faces.