106

Colby's POV

The next couple of days were hard. We were still in the infirmary since Julia didn't feel safe enough to go home.

I ensured her that it was totally safe and that we replaced the glass on our balcony with glass that was virtually unbreakable.

We also were going to keep that door locked at all times so nobody could break in.

This wasn't enough for her though and I couldn't say I blamed her.

Most nights Julia wouldn't sleep at all. Between withdrawal symptoms and having seizures she was having a really hard time.

There were moments in the day where she was able to relax and kinda push through but other times it was just too difficult.

I felt horrible for her and stayed with her most of the time.

I would unfortunately have to sleep or work from time to time but while I was away we had other people sitting with her.

Right now she was in a bad fit, staring off into space as she trembled in my arms.

I hated seeing her like this but I knew that it was a good thing in the long run.

Once she got through the hard part, she would be better off.

"I'm proud of you." I whispered and ran my fingers through her hair. "I wanna die." Julia mumbled, pressing her cheek into my chest.

"That would be sad." I said with a small laugh. "It's not funny." She grumbled. "I know. Is there anything I can do to help? Other than give you drugs." I said as she sighed.

"No." She said then closed her eyes, scrunching her face with pain.

I hated seeing her be in so much pain but there was literally nothing I could do about it.

"What if we went back to the house? You can sit in the library and do some art." I said and gently scratched her back.

"It's not safe." She whispered as I sighed. "I understand why you're scared and I've sucked at my promises but I want you to know that what happened won't happen again." I said and kissed her head.

"I think it would be good for you to go back home. This room is probably driving you insane." I said and looked around.

It was just a plain white room with medical equipment. Nothing special to look at or stimulate the mind.

She needed to get out of here.

"The pain in my head is driving me in insane." She said and looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry, sweetheart. I wish there was something I could do." I said then kissed her forehead.

"Let's go to the house. It'll be a fun adventure." I said then started getting out of bed.

"I don't want to." She said and sat up. "Yeah, well I'm not giving you an option anymore." I said then got out of bed.

"This will be good for you, just trust me." I said and turned towards her.

She was sitting up now. Her hair was all messed up and her eyes were bloodshot. She had clearly been through a lot lately but it didn't take away from her beauty.

I couldn't believe how in love with her I was.

"Come on." I said then held my hands out. Julia took my hands then used me as a support system to stand.

Her legs were trembling so bad that she was having a hard time standing.

"I've got you." I said as she looked up at me. "I f-feel sick." She said and clung onto me.