T E N

10

______

______.______

'Aless, my boy are you ready?' my dad asked me and I instantly knew what that question was referring to

'yeah I'm ready the maids packed my things for me' I put my hands inside my pockets and looked at my dad's calm eyes. That's the face he pulls when he knows that I'm messing with him and he doesn't like it.

'fine, fine' I walk up to him and nudge him by the shoulder 'yes, of course I'm ready, I have already agreed to being the next mighty Don of the Galletti, haven't I?" I answer his original question despite not wanting to.

One of the things that can annoy me very quickly, is people asking me about a decision that not only have I already made, but their pressuring had a big impact on.

My dad knows that too well, so I don't understand why the frustrating question, but I will not be asking for his reason.

I don't wait for my dad, and walk outside my room, along the ceramic tiles straight outside the house and into my car. I dismissed the driver because I want to drive myself. Driving always helped calm me down when I felt like I could lose my head.

I wait for no one and turn the engine on, I select the third gear and I get out of the house's driveway. I saw my dad's fed up reflection on my rear mirrors but he needs to understand I'm doing this so I don't blow his mafia up. Or his previous mafia, seeing that now I'm the Don.

I roll the windows and let the fresh air in. My Madre always prefered fresh air to the AC and I think her habit rubbed off on me.

The house we were staying at temporarily was located on the countryside of California, so the scenery around it was very beautiful and since I like nature I found it very calming.

I stir with one hand and I lean the other on the rolled down window to support my head. I'm driving relatively slow, so my family were able to catch up. I see Luca's car behind me and soon after all of there cars were visible on my mirrors.