37. {lie ability}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

hayden had picked up the jar of talons, inspecting it as deucalion spoke to franchie.

"starting to question where your loyalties lie?" deucalion challenged. "or, maybe... you're starting to understand your role?"

"what role?" fran quizzed.

deucalion paused for a moment. "why would theo leave you here? why not leave josh, or corey or even moonee?"

the two girls shared a look before frowning in confusion, which made deucalion smile.

"you're stronger and faster than both of the boys. and more fearless." deucalion pointed out. "a cheetah and a jaguar."

"well, moonee isn't really moonee." fran reminded him. "she's... changed. theo knows he can trust her because she genuinely cannot betray him."

"true, he knows she'll be on his side."

hayden sighed in defeat. "we know why we're stuck here with you."

"when it comes to scott and his pack, i'm a liability." fran sighed.

"hm?"

"scott and stiles, i've known them since i was little." fran continued. "and liam is our best friend."

"theo knows we're liabilities." hayden finished.

deucalion shrugged. "you could leave. no one has to know."

hayden chuckled in disbelief, giving him a look. "except for you."

"oh, i'm no friend to theo. you want to help liam?" deucalion questioned.

"yeah." franchie nodded, honestly.

"well, worry less about being a liability, and more about your ability to lie."

franchie was fighting to hide her smile, she was a sucker for cheesy things and puns.

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

after everything that went down in eichen house, theo had left his pack there. with dark moonee laying unconscious in his arms, theo entered the operating theatre. he placed her on the metal table, beside the now empty syringe that had kanima venom in it.

"i said it was for emergencies only." theo seethed.

hayden shrugged, "i had an emergency."

she glanced over at fran and smiled, acting as if they didn't leave to help mason.

fran rushed over to dark moonee, "what happened to her?!" she touched her friend's face, about to comfortingly caress it, but her skin was boiling.

"she took more than she could handle." theo simply stated.