Job Vacancy

The man is day dreaming.
The papers on his hand can't distract him for what happened yesterday. Even after he took a seat comfortably, Jungkook is still somewhere else.

"That's not a good sign, isn't it?" Hobi grinned.

Jungkook glared at him.
"Why don't you knock?" He annoyed, he dislikes Hobi found him in daze.

"I did. My hand is numb now. What is it? You took a day off yesterday, did something happen?" Jungkook considered whether he should tell him or not, he was too embarrassed to admit you rejected him.

Both of you were slept back to back last night. No one talking. It was clearly rejection or else he didn't know what it was.

Jungkook left you a note this morning. He settled the car for you to use until your car done. It will be easier, and you can't thank him since he left before you wake up. It was more comfortable for you.

"Nothing. Why are you here? Where is my report?" Hobi shrink away.

"Look, lunch time. See you later!" He was ready to escape the question.

"I kissed her.. but she.. didn't seem like it.."
Hobi sat back as fast as a lightning.

"So, she didn't kiss you back?" He was totally committed to his curiosity.

Jungkook kissed you because you were breaking down, he can't stand your tears. It was stupid but he thought.. he had no idea what's in his head too, he just lost in the middle of it.

Now he realized that it was very ridiculous and you had right to push him away. Your are probably disgusted.

It wasn't what you needed at the time.
"I don't know what to do..."

"You are Jeon Jungkook, you'll find a way."
Hobi could see how he was into it, judging by he forgot his work for you.

"Do you like her?"

"Oh, lunch time. See you later." Jungkook copied him and took his coat, running away.

"YAHHHH! This kid!" WHY DID HE BOTHER TO TELL IF HE GOING TO LEAVE ME HANGING LIKE THIS!

———

You are eating your simple lunch.
Anything is fine, not that you have appetite. You are practically shoving the spoon without thinking how it tastes.

Jungkook left one of his car key. He is very considerate. Little did you know you had hurt his ego yesterday. What did he want? Why did he kiss you? Was it mean something or it just man being man...

Your head hurt, stop thinking about it, Y/n..
You have to find a job. It was more important How if you couldn't find any good job?

You shook your head, you can! You were Y/n.
Impressive was your middle name!
No matter how hard you tried to distract your heart, it always find way back to Taehyung.

He didn't even leave a single call.. He just left you like insignificant person in his life. Maybe i was nothing to him from the beginning.

A wave of pain washed through your heart.
Nothing. That's what i am and with that you are crying again.

The sound of the front door being open dragged you back to the reality. Why does he come back in the middle of the day time? Does he forget something? You wiped your tears hurriedly.

Taking the plates to the kitchen. Trying not to catch his attention.
"Oh, you aren't go to work?" He lied, he checked the CCTV and saw you were still at home.

You are hesitantly turned around facing him, "Oh.. i took a day off.." You lied too. Two days in a row, yes, it nothing sounds like you at all. You couldn't tell Jungkook that you were quit. It was already embarrassing, you didn't want more pity from him.

"If you don't want to work with him, i could arrange work for you in my office." He came closer, "Or you had any specific work you want to do? I can make that happen too." Jungkook noticed that your eyes was a slightly red, "You've been crying..."

"Stay where you are!" You snarled at him,
"I don't want a job from you." You added. It's the best if you didn't get close to him.

"Why are you so stubborn!" You doesn't expect him to shout back.
"I don't want your pity. I think you don't hear me clear enough yesterday."

"I said i will help. Why can't you accept that? You have such a huge ego for someone-" Jungkook stopped himself, all the want to do was help, but you are giving him hard time.

"Help..." You laughed bitterly, "How can i trust you? How do i know you don't put a knife behind my back?" Everyone.

Everyone turned their back from you. How could you able to trust again?

"You said it yourself, you don't have anything to offer anymore. What can i get from hurting you?" He hoped you'll believe him, "Nothing, Y/n."

"... what do you want in return?"
Jungkook sighed and came to your side, he took
your hand carefully, "I will help you. You only need to ask, i will send my most trusted man. I'm not asking anything in return as long as you don't cry."

"I.. don't know..." You felt nothing but terrible recently.
You were overthinking of everything.
That's just how vulnerable you are. That what you have today could easily taken from you.

You didn't know where to feel safe anymore.
"You know, Y/n. I said use me. If you don't trust me as your husband. We could start by being friend." Not only you were scared to trust him, but also doubting his personality.

Is he the same person as the one who made cold contract and offer to marry for four years.

"Help me..." Jungkook lifted your chin. His eyes stared at yours fondly.

"Alright. Have you eat yet?"

"I did." You turned to the plate where half of the food was still there.
"Is that even edible..?" He teased, you hit his chest.

"I'm not dead yet, am i!" You rolled your eyes. His laugh was very childish. You are quiet and stared back at his figure, "If.. just... If it's not too much to ask. I'd love you find me a new job." You said shyly.

"Hired." Jungkook put his large palm on top of your head, "When do you wanna start?"
He could put you somewhere in his office.
"Tomorrow..."

"Good!" He figured you might quit Taehyung company since yesterday, "Since I'm already here. Should i take you out for lunch?" He looked at his watch. It was past lunch time already.

And you were probably full. He slightly pouted, disappointed that he didn't make it home earlier.
"Do you have that much time? Should i go with you to the office, we could have dinner after."

You could learn where you will work, will it be convenient if the others knew you were his wife? Even if it just on the paper they might distancing from you.

"Oh, sure, let's do that!" His excitement is cute and you are silently thanking him for that.
"I'll change first, give me five minutes," He nodded. It isn't five minutes at all!