Love Is Endless [Dream]

Warning: Language, Fluff, Soft Smut

Synopsis: You have become the Lord of Dreams favorite human, your dreams entice and interest him to the point where he visits you on a nightly basis. Time goes on and you soon develop feelings for the Endless being, but you keep them to yourself in fears of knowing he does not feel the same. But you are unaware that he has been keeping a close eye on your dream journals, this reveals to him those feelings. You try to deny them when he asks you about them, but the denying does not work because he already knows the truth deep within your heart and lets it slip that he has developed feelings for his own favorite dreamer.

Word Count: 3,037

[I couldn't stop myself from doing this, Dream is quite literally dreamy and that voice.]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I groan once I open my eyes, the air feels light around me, the light is clear and has this dreaminess to it, a small smile grows upon my face when I realize where I am in the Dreaming. "You're awake my sweet dreamer.", a voice floats through the air of the bedroom I am laying in, the smoothness and lilt make my heart flutter, it is Dream, Lord Morpheus, the Lord of Dreams himself. I pull myself out of the bed and walk towards the open window that overlooks a green, luscious valley, "Lord Morpheus.", I say aloud in greeting, knowing he can hear me from where ever he is inside his realm. I hear a small chuckle come from behind me, I turn to see him walk towards me, hands clasped behind his back, "Please [Y/N], you know you can just call me Dream here.", he states, he has given me explicit permission to call him such, but it just feels much more regal to call him by his name. I give a small smile towards the Endless being, "I know, don't get me wrong, Dream is beautiful, but Lord Morpheus sounds more regal and you are a Lord.", I state.

I can see the being try to hide a smirk once he stops beside me overlooking the valley below us, "Fair enough sweet dreamer.", he replies, his voice fills every one of my senses, it also makes me feel safe, knowing he would never let any harm come to me. It is odd that a being such as himself to take a great interest in a human such as myself, but I don't mind. Lord Morpheus set aside a specfic area for me within his realm so he could visit me nightly, he always assures me it is because my dreams entice and interest him, stating he has never seen the type of dreams I have before. I know that is far from the truth, but there is no use arguing with a god-like being such as him. I have become a favorite for the Endless being, his usual facade of who he is subsides when he is in my company, I have the pleasure of seeing a side of him no one else does.

I smile up at him softly, "Here for another philisophical conversation Lord Morpheus?", I joke softly, I know he knows pretty much everything from everywhere, yet he still endulges my love for history, philsophy and science, listening to me ramble on about my passions. I always notice his eyes shining as he does so, like I am giving him new knowledge. In the years I have gotten to know him, my feelings for him have grown as well, I mean how could I not, this being was by no means perfect, but he has grown and accepted change. Yet he has captured my heart with how he is, he can be merciful when he sees fit, but the one thing that has made me fallen madly head over heels for the being is his loyalty towards those he cares for. I know he does care for me because of how protective he is of me, he has sworn to keep any harm from happening to me, this was proven when one of his rogue nightmares tried to kill me.