19

Chapter 19

"That man said that my family wouldn't be able to protect me. I think he was mistaking me as someone else because I don't have any family. I am orphan." The words that come out from Ivy's mouth freeze Santiago family completely.

Valentino glances at Lucifer whose reaction changed abruptly. His attention was on Ivy with a blank look on his face that give away nothing.

"You don't have to worry about this anymore, Ivy. We will figure it out."

Ivy looks at him and slowly nods her head but in the back of her mind, that man's words keep bugging her.

It awaken a hope in her mind, she would really like to meet her family. 'Family' that's what she has secretly wished for.

"But you are not allowed to step out from this mansion until everything is clear out." Ivy's head snaps in Alessio's direction.

"Wait what?"

"You heard him right. You will stay here." Denver who is on the edge from since last week, snaps at her.

"B-bu--"

"Cheer up Ivy. It won't be that bad. It's just about few days." Ivy's shoulders slumps when Valentino placed his hand over her head.

"Ok.." She mumbles half heartedly.

"Now finish your food."

*************

Ivy frowns a little while staring at the huge walk-in-closet in the room. It is filled with the most expensive designers collection but what surprised Ivy more was that every thing was of her size.

"It is about few days right? So what is this for?"

Alessio chuckles a little and rubs the back of his neck nervously.

"This well Dad and Valentino don't want you to face any problem."

"B-but this is too much."

"It's all yours now." They both look at Denver who is standing in the doorway, with his arms crossed over his chest and watching both of them.

"You will attend online classes from now on. That's why dad send this for you." He points out of the closet at his back. Ivy and Alessio makes their way out of the closet and in her huge bedroom.

She looks at the study table that they have already organised with her books, a new macbook pro and other things.

Ivy wanted to say anything to protest for the treatment she is getting for no reason but decides against it when she take a glimpse at Denver's expressionless face.

*************

Lucifer watched with a gentle expression in his eyes while standing in the doorway as Ivy slept, snuggled in the comforter.

"I won't let you get hurt anymore."

He gently shuts the door and makes his way towards his study.

Valentino, Denver and Alessio are already waiting for him there.

"Da--" Alessio cuts himself off hearing Lucifer's phone ringing. He picks it up and sits down on the chair.

"Lucifer Santiago." A familiar voice rings in his ear.

"It's been long right?" The voice chuckles but Lucifer wasn't amused. His hands clenches in fists.

"How long are you planning on hiding her from me? You know I will get her one day."

"I will kill you!" Lucifer gritted and threw his phone across the room.

"Find that fucking bastardo before I lose my calm completely." He snarls at his sons present in front of him.

"Don't worry dad..."