20

Chapter 20

As Ivy finishes her assignment, she makes her way out of the room. Her limbs feels sore and she feels weakness present in her whole body.

She makes her way into the garden to take fresh air but her way is blocked by Eliza. Ivy frowns staring at his right arm that has sling over it.

"Where do you think you are going?" "What happened to your arm?" They both asks each other at same time.

"I was just going to the park." She points outside.

"But what happened to your arm?" She asks with a concern display on her features.

"Nothing." His abrupt reply makes her eyes widens slightly.

"It doesn't look like nothing."

"You are annoying little girl. Mind your own business." His rudeness makes her pouts but he just storms out of there that makes her even more sad.

It makes Ivy feel like she is some nuisance that she doesn't like a bit.

"Careful with your words Eliza. Valentino won't hesitate to break your second arm too." Micah rolls his eyes while coming out of thin air in front of Eliza.

"I don't like her." Eliza mutters under his breath.

"Yeah yeah yeah. Keep telling yourself this. But don't forget she's the same Ivy who used to ask for piggy back rides from you." Micah's words make Eliza clenches his hands in tight fists.

But this doesn't stop Micah for placing his hand on his good shoulder.

"Don't stop yourself from getting attach to her again. This time she isn't going anywhere so it wouldn't hurt." Eliza pulls his shoulder away from his touch and storms towards his room.

He slams the door shut and sits down on the bed with his one hand in his hair.

After few minutes he stands up and makes his way towards his closet. With a little hesitancy, he unlocks one of the drawer. After opening it, he pulls a photo album out of it. Gulping he stares at it.

He makes his way towards his bedroom again and drops the album down on the bed and takes a seat. He flips the cover open of it and a tiniest bit of a smile makes its way on his lips as he looks at the first photo.

A 8 year old Eliza with his eyes widened is staring at the small baby that he is cradling in his arms.

Flashback*******

"Mom Elena. I d-don't t-think if I can p-pick her." Eliza complains to his godmother with a small frown etched on his chubby cheeks.

"Why not Eliza?" His godmother Elena lets out a small laugh and crouches down in front of him.

"Why do you think so Eliza?" His bestfriend Valentino wraps his arm around his shoulder.

"She's just so tiny Valentino. I will drop her." Eliza audibly gulps.

"Oh no you won't. Look at me I am carrying her so easily. Now come here." Small 7 year old Micah literally whines but carefully holds the newborn Ivy in his arms.

"C'mon Eliza. Go on." Valentino pushes him gently towards Micah. Eliza nervously extends his arms forward.

"If you keep trembling like this, you will sure drop her. You will be the only bad brother to her then." Micah scowls at him. This angers Eliza.

"I will not be her bad brother." Eliza gently takes her in his arms and with wide eyes stares at Ivy's wide eyes.

"Her eyes, they are just like godfather but so pretty and big." His eyes fills with adoration. Suddenly the newborn lets a small giggle out, her eyes shines. Eliza's eyes widens even more in shock at the same time there is a click of camera in the room. He looks up to see Elena holding a camera in front of them.

"She is giggling."

"Hmm it looks like you are not really the bad brother. She likes you." Elena chuckles a little.

"She likes me." Eliza smiles widely and places a small kiss on her forehead that earns him a another giggle.

"I hope you always like me forever."

*************

A tear rolls down Eliza's cheek and he slams the album shut and at the same time he looks up to see Ivy standing in the doorway of his room and staring at him.

"Umm sorry I knocked but I think you didn't heard. You forget your phone downstairs and Micah told me that I should give you this." Eliza's face expressions become blank in the blink of her eye. But his teary eyes told a different story to Ivy.

"Thanks." He grabs it from her hand.

"Wait Ivy." He stops her when she was about to step out of the room.

"I am sorry about earlier. I shouldn't have been so rude to you." He awkwardly clears his throat.

"Don't worry. You must be having a bad day. I can understand." His heart clenches when Ivy grins at him. He stares at her back as she walks out from the corridor towards her room.

Hope you like this Chapter...❤️

Get early access to the completed book on patreon. Link's in my profile.