zero

( # SUMMER OF '85 WILL BE MY SUMMER ! )

▬  ♡*

▬  ♡*.✧┊🖇💋 ꒱

JUNE 7TH, 1985!

             IF SOMEONE HAD TOLD ROBIN BUCKLEY THAT SHE WOULD BE WORKING ALL SUMMER INSTEAD OF TRAVELING ALL OVER EUROPE, SHE WOULD'VE PROBABLY PLANNED THEIR MURDER. But apparently, here she was, suffering from breathing the same air as Steve Harrington. Unfortunately for her, all the money she'd saved for Operation Croissants had barely covered the repair of the damage she'd caused in prom night. Fortunately for her though, her parents forgave her almost immediately; however, she knew she'll never get to learn how to drive anytime soon.

            Her life wasn't as epic as she wanted it to be, but it was all right for now. But, hey, summer was just getting started.

            Junior year was hell for Robin Buckley. She was still figuring out who she was, and that caused her making almost everyone at school uncomfortable with her sense of sarcasm and reckless choices. Odd Squad (her band group) was officially a part of her past — her music teacher decided to remix everyone up, and rearranged all of the groups and grouped Robin with three random new trumpet players — but she and Milton (her closest friend from band, and in Hawkins, really) managed to get together occasionally and watch MTV as he played his Yamaha and filled her in on how his girlfriend was doing at college whenever he could because he had just graduated, and he was still going back and forth from Hawkins to his new apartment outside of the state.

         Kate Benson was still with her boyfriend from the debate team; Robin thought their relationship was out of place yet adorable, but she was glad that she and Kate became closer than ever. Sheena Rollins and Robin started hanging out more after prom. It turned out she wasn't particularly shy, but few people at Hawkins High merited her precious words. Sadly, Robin and Sheena couldn't stay friends forever though; she had graduated early, gotten into a good fashion design program, and she was leaving Hawkins by the end of the summer without looking back. Robin could’t exactly blame her for wanting that.