𝟬𝟮𝟯 nerves

chapter twenty threenerves

nerves

✵ ✵ ✵

Arden stared at Druig

Arden stared at Druig. She tapped on the floor as she deeply processed exactly what was going on and finally accepted that this wasn't a dream.

She was sat on the floor wishing that she probably should have went with Kingo. She couldn't fight against her own family right? That would be terrible. But then again, lives, human lives, were at stake. Her dog would be so sad.

But she could spend the last happy moments before the inevitable doom with someone she loved.

Druig looked at her quickly making her look away.

"All of our powers, even if they're amplified, are not enough to kill a Celestial so," Phastos spoke.

"Well, Sersi did turn a Deviant into a tree," Druig replied.

"Oh yeah!" Arden said. "That was kind of cool."

"I'm sorry what?"

"I'm kidding I don't remember it, I think i was hurt."

"I'm sorry what," Phastos repeated.  "You didn't wanna tell me that?"

"You've never been able to do it before," Makkari signed.

"I don't know how it happened okay? And i'm pretty sure I couldn't do it again," Sersi spoke.

"Well bows the time to try dont you think?" Phastos laughed in disbelief.

"You could always practice," Arden butt in.

"Phastos that deviant is dead. Our plan is to put Tiamut to sleep, not kill it. I can't kill a Celestial," she rushed.