32

30.07.22, Lisabon

Harry's Pov:

I'm exhausted. I didn't sleep well last night. My thoughts didn't stop circling around my talk with Louis and Olivia. All he told me made me feel good and it was as I got lifted a huge weight from my shoulders. A weight, I carried around for way too long. But all my girlfriend said added a weight. A weight that I will carry along until the next blow comes.

Tired but still in a good mood I make my way towards the dining hall for breakfast. This time we were a bit cleverer and actually agreed on a time to meet up. When I arrive everybody is already there except for Zayn and Louis. I'm not surprised. Zayn probably turned off the alarm and Louis probably forgot to even program one. 

After a warm hello, that clearly shows pity, we all share a look and decide without exchanging any words that Niall will wait here for us and probably eat the whole morning buffet while me and Liam are going to wake the two sleepy heads up. 

But there's one problem. Who will wake up who? We both don't really want to wake up any of them but Zayn's a risk for our safety while Louis is just... well, also a risk for our safety. 

"I go..."

"I go.." 

We start at the same time. 

"Should we just go in there together? Maybe we can protect each other, you know true friendship is..."

"protection, yeah I know. It's probably not the dumbest idea you had. Let's do this."

After an encouraging look from Liam, we both stand tall and look at each other for maybe the last time. Armed with cushions we then enter the war zone aka Zayn's room. And get totally surprised:

He apparently was just about to open the door when we tried to sneak in so we know have kind of an awkward situation...

Liam and I are both standing there with a cushion wrapped around our head, one over our crotch and one in front of our chest. Liam even has one of his foot in the air, ready to tip-toe inside. It's definitely no surprise that greek god, mr. my-hair-is-perfect starts laughing loudly. I can only imagine how ridiculous we look. No I can not only imagine it, I can see it in the mirror that is half hidden behind Zayn's body. Oh god, what if a pap or a fan saw us like that?!?

"ha ha ha" I sarcastically say. "you never had to wake up yourself. But if you're up you can help us with Lou." I'm actually quite embarrassed because we look like idiots and Zayn's looking like he always does. Literally perfect. 

"About that... Liam? Would you mind waking up Louis alone? I'd like to talk about something with Harry."

I think my face reveals what I'm thinking: What the fuck?

I feel like mother Zayn is going to scold son Harry for talking in class or something like that. Did I do something? Does he want to quit and go home? Oh, please no, I want him here with all of us! It's not the same fun when we are missing 1/5. 

"It's nothing bad, Harry, don't you worry." This damn mind/facial expression reader. 

Comforting enough Liam doesn't just go out of the room but asks me through a look if I'm ok with him leaving. I really like that he's always that considerate but even if I'd like to just run away I nod at him. 

Talks like this with Zayn are most of the time really deep and emotional and end up in one of the parties crying. I promise myself that I will not cry again. There was enough crying in the last few days. 

Zayn waits until the door closes which leaves us alone in the room. When he turns around he looks right into my frightened face. 

Zayn's Pov: