Being Sick Sucks: For clarinetgirl301

Being Sick Sucks

For clarinetgirl301

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You are both 17

*****************

"(Y/ N)!" Hiccup called.

You turned around to see your boyfriend run up to you. "Yes, Hic?" you asked him.

"You alright?" he asked, concerned.

You knew what he meant and nodded. "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"

His eyes narrowed slightly, but the concern was still there. "You've been coughing a lot, denying that you're sick, refusing any kind of help- which you only do when your sick or hiding something- and," he paused, lifting his hand and putting it against your forehead. It only took you a moment to realize what he was doing, but by the time you pulled away it was too late, "you're running a fever."

You swatted his hand away. "I'm fine, Hiccup! And I am not running a fever!" You stomped away, furious. How could he know you so well? Sure, he was extremely observant and your boyfriend and you've been best friends since you were seven-- but still! You rarely ever got sick- maybe once or twice a year- and even when you were, you went on with your daily business like nothing was wrong. Well, maybe you did push others away when you were sick, but you simply didn't want others to worry! Yeah, that's right! But how would Hiccup be able to tell you were sick by being distant for only a few hours? Ugh!

You shook your head, deciding you were over thinking the situation and went back to do your daily chores.

First, you fed the livestock, milked the yaks, and gathered the eggs from the chicken coop. Hiccup came by and offered help since he had a lot of free time, but you sent him away saying you felt like being alone. He unwillingly turned around and left, but not before kissing your cheek, which made you smile and blush.

Then, you tended the garden and, again, Hiccup showed up and offered his assistance. Astrid was with him this time. Again, you sent them away. Hiccup sighed angrily but still did as you said. You couldn't help but notice them watching you from a distance. It made you mad but also happy. Mad that he didn't trust you enough to take your word, but happy that he could see through your lies and still bother to look after you.

Once done with the garden, you made a list of things you would need and went to the middle of town (where the main market was) to get it.

Fish for (D/N)'s dinner. Check.

Food for the next week. Check.

Cloth for new clothes. Check.

New needles to sew. Check.

A new knife. Check.

Food for the sheep. Check.

Food for chickens. Check.

Seeds for the garden. Check.

It didn't take long to get all the supplies, but it was a hassle to pull the heavy wagon up the long hill home.

Ugh! Why didn't you bring (D/N) with you? She would have happily helped!

"(Y/ N), love," a familiar voice called out, softly.

You closed your eyes and stopped pulling the wagon. You made sure it wouldn't roll off before turning around to face him. "Yes, Hiccup?" you asked.

"Would you like some help, love?" he questioned, cautiously, as if he was speaking to a frightened young child.

"No, I can handle myself! I don't need any help! I am not weak!" you shouted.