Ch. 1

I'm back, baby!
Better than ever.
I hope that the Pokémon story is coming some time though, because I really want to write that--
Anyway!
I thirst, you thirst, we all thirst for Mephiles.
And I can't blame any of us lmao.
I know he's not the most popular character, but goddamn, I'm going to write anyway.
I adore him.

FORGOT TO MENTION.
MEPHILES INITIALLY HAS A MOUTH IN THIS BECAUSE.
Let's be real.
If you saw some person without a mouth, you'd be freaked the fuck out lmao--

This first chapter is also a bit longer, because I just... I don't know hahaha.
But I hope you enjoy!

Anyway, onwards we go!
Thank you for reading 💖

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Life had never been particularly kind to you.

Sure, your parents tried their hardest to give you everything they could, but the fact was still you had little to no money.

Sure, you could eat every day.

... Usually.

And you had a decent childhood, even though your parents were gone for most of the time, working.

You learned at an early age to take care of yourself.

Cooking, cleaning, mending ripped clothes, and even sewing new clothes when you had the means to do so.

Your parents clearly felt guilty about bringing you into the world when they could barely pay for themselves, and despised leaving you alone so often.

You'd overheard them once, considering putting you up for adoption, to give you a chance at a better life, but they just... couldn't do it.

You were much too precious to them.

They were being selfish, but you were relieved for that.

You loved your parents.

They tried their best to give you a decent upbringing, and they'd succeeded.

You studied as much as you could, in the hopes you could give them something back, in the form of a good paying job.

You dreamt of getting them out of that neighbourhood, out of debt, and into a glamorous life.

But... it was difficult.

You landed a job as a barista, and it helped pay the bills for sure, but it wasn't really what you'd envisioned.

Still, you served everyone with a smile, even when they definitely didn't deserve it.

Entitled customers who thought the world owed them something, that they were God's gift, or maybe they just had a bad day and wanted to take it out on some minimum wage worker.

Or perhaps all three.

Those were the worst.

You'd had someone throw coffee on you, and thankfully it wasn't hot, but it still sucked.

You just smiled and apologised, hoping it'd make them leave faster.

God, you hated the stench of coffee, though...

Having had one too many complaints today, you went home in a sour mood.

You were lucky no one threw their drink at you, but you were often tempted to take their drink, throw it at them and quit on the spot.