Chapter 32 Axl ❤️ Licah

Licah's POV

As soon as Axl left, my colleagues gathered immediately at my station.

"Since when did you become Sir Jongcheveevat's wife?"

"Licah, how is it to be living in the mansion?"

"Uhm, sir Jongcheveevat, is your husband sweet?"

"Did you tell him how Ms. Ronquillo treated you these past few weeks?"

"So you are technically a multi-billionaire too?"

Hold up!
Calm down...

"I am not a billionaire whatever. Axl is a sweet husband. We married three months ago. Living in the mansion is great. And I never complained to him about Ms. Ronquillo because, like you, I am just an employee too. Should I tell him?" I answered awkwardly. I don't want to be the center of attention. It feels weird that most of them never noticed me before, but here they are trying to pry with my life just because they found out that I am the CEO's wife. I asked them to return to their seats since I had lots of things to finish, and they followed in a snap. The power that my surname holds is great now.

I was busy at work. I missed Ms. Ronquillo ordering me around. I guess she is already contemplating after the revelation.

"Busy, baby?" Axl messaged me. "Just look at your wallpaper when you are tired."

No, thanks!

"I am not that busy. I guess I won't be having a special task today." I replied. The head of our department is suspiciously quiet.
"I am hungry, though. I'll go to your office later. I feel lazy walking."

I continued working on the sheets for this month's expenses.

Why do I feel cold all of a sudden? Everyone turned quiet.

It smells like a pepperoni pizza. Why are they eating here? We have a pantry for that. Now, the whole floor smells like pizza.

A box appeared in front of me.

My husband suddenly came in with a slice of pepperoni pizza in his hand.
"It's hot. Be careful." He let me have a bite. "Good?"

"Why are you here, sir? Eating here is not allowed."

My husband grinned deliciously. Fuck! Deliciously? Seriously, Licah?

"Says who? My wife is hungry but lazy to walk to my  office, so as a good husband, it is just right for me to deliver to you your favorite pizza."
Why is he being extra today? Yes, they already knew, but this is office. I am here as a financial representative. Stop the PDA.

"Go back now, sir. Just leave this here."

"Alright, Mr. JONGCHEVEEVAAT. Eat well." My husband answered, smiling. So cunning. What am I supposed to do with the box of pizza here? It is restricted to eating inside.

"You should have told us you're the CEO's wife." Jean moved closer to my station. "Are you aware that deliveries to employees are banned now after what happened yesterday?"

"Axl's order?" I am not aware.

"Yup, I don't care. No one gives me flowers anyway." She said.

I felt bad for other employees.
Were those flowers from Trent? He should know already that I am married. I would be happy if he could settle down too. Nothing binds us now since we are free from that debt already. The last time we talked, his business was already doing well. I have no bad blood for him anymore. I wish him well as I am the happiest already with Axl.

Just an hour after my husband left, when he returned here to kiss me before his meeting. After revealing that we are married, he keeps displaying affection for me.

"We can still eat together at lunch. I'll finish this meeting early. I love you, Mr. Jongcheveevat." He didn't even wait for me to respond.

Okay. I love you too.

These nosy people keep asking more about my relationship with Axl. I can call a press conference to explain everything to everyone in one blow. I am tired of answering the same question over and over.

Wait, I didn't feel Ms. Ronquillo's presence today.

"Ms. Ronquillo asked me to bring you to her office." A staff told me—perfect timing when I am just thinking about her too.

"Sit." Ms. Ronquillo's blank face welcome me.
"You should have been honest since the start. Are you playing with us here?"

"It's not my intention to lie. My goal is to work here without using a connection." Technically, I didn't lie. You didn't ask me.
Now that you know I am married to the company's owner, you should act appropriately. She is making me overworked. She is giving me her work responsibilities, so she can go home early. I have no problem working overtime, but please be fair.

"It's fine, Licah. I understand. But since you mentioned that your goal is to work here without connection, you should expect that I won't give you special treatment since you are working as my subordinate. You can go back to work now." She is weird, but I think this is better. I don't want special treatment from her too.

We didn't attend the team building. We just packed for tomorrow's flight to see Honey.

A loud knock woke up my sleeping husband. It was daddy Aki.

"Change. We are going to the hospital." He said.

"Why? Who is in the hospital?" Axl stood up immediately.

"Mommy Ira. He is brought to the hospital because he is having difficulty in breathing."

We changed clothes and rush to the hospital. Everyone is present except for Enzo and Honey. Mommy Ira is not waking up. We waited for him to be conscious. It was more than twelve hours before he opened his eyes. Tomorrow will be Honey's surgery, and we are not sure if we can support him there.

It was evident that mommy Ira is now weak. He doesn't talk.

"Don't tell Honey yet. He might postpone his surgery if he finds out. You know how stubborn he is." It was uncle Rye's decision.

"But I think he should know. After all, Honey is mommy Ira's bestfriend." Mommy Reese said.

"I think Ira would not agree. He wants Honey to do the surgery asap. Don't worry, they will still meet. Both of them will be fine." It was daddy Kian.

We are in the other room waiting for mommy Ira's tests result. His heart is too weak already. He is not fighting anymore. I think he has accepted it.

"Tomorrow is my surgery. Even if I don't want to see you, I know you will still go. I am just reminding you."
Honey texted me. He has no idea of the situation right now.

I know this is his way of telling me he wants me to be there during his surgery.

Finally, Axl and I got a chance to enter mommy Ira's room.

He keeps reminding us to be honest with each other and fight for our love.

"No need to worry, mom. I will love Axl till my last breath. Just hang in there and focus on getting well." I held his hand.

Everyone couldn't go to Honey. I feel guilty at some point. He is expecting us, but due to unavoidable circumstances, we cannot leave mommy Ira here too.

We were about to leave the room when he called me again.
"L-licah...come here for a while."

Axl went out first and left me here.

He reached for my hand. "They are all hard-headed. I trust you. P-please, stay with Honey. Honey may look strong, but he is not. Please be with Honey to support him. This is my last request from you."

"Mommy, Axl won't leave you here."

"I know. This is why I am asking you. Honey must be so scared right now. Please take care of him. Please listen to him. He is a very good person. He only wants someone who can listen to him. Be his friend. You will love him. And please tell him his mommy Ira believes in him, and he will always be special to me." He grabbed my hand. "Promise me."

"I promise."