New experiences

(Hello being of the internet. I just wanted to give a warning about some angst towards the end of the chapter for some plot. Threats of murder, world destruction, and kidnapping.
Also, I haven't edited this chapter as of posting this so please forgive me for spelling mistakes. I promise the next chapter will be fluffier.
Until next time. Have a good existence.)

Flug didn't like this new development in his life. For the past week, Flug has been getting less work done and falling behind schedule; keeps switching from a human mindset to a cat mindset. Due to the cat traits, human Flug has suffered from overstimulation episodes and his focus is easy to shift to unimportant things. He's been struggling to fix the ray so he could either be a full cat or a full human so he could think clearly. However his lack of attention and wondering thoughts make it more difficult and sometimes cause him to break the device more.

Blackhat on the other hand loved this new Flug. When Flug was in his cat mindset the two of them would play with the cat toys, Flug would help Blackhat with his anger issues, and better yet Flug gave better cuddles in human size. Flug often would encourage Blackhat to go to bed when he was tired and force his wish to lay his head on Blackhat's chest; only to purr, vibrate his whole chest, and lull both of them to sleep. Flug even tried to sit in Blackhat's lap when he wanted attention and the demon was doing paperwork; pushing his head between Blackhat's elbow and stomach to crawl up and sit on his lap then wanted for Blackhat to pet or rub his ears.

When Flug started to get overstimulated Blackhat would teleport them both to the eldritch's room for peace, quiet, and if Flug was up for it, snuggles. The eldritch didn't want Flug to turn back to normal yet, not done with exploring the possibilities, so he would distract Flug from time to time. But to be honest,  he didn't need to do much if anything to distract him. Blackhat kept a close eye on Flug at all times; Flug's worry that the sudden mix of human and cat bodies to be deadly made Blackhat wor- mildly concerned, so he paid more attention.

Blackhat felt it was weird he liked taking care of Flug. As a cat. As a human. As a neko. It didn't matter. And it felt weird, yet satisfying.

Demencia was pissed that Flug was getting even more attention than before. She even outed herself once in a screaming fit at Flug that her plan to break the ray and stop Flug from stealing Blackhat failed. After breaking, shredding, cussing, and crying Demencia finally calmed down when Flug (in cat mode) brought her a snack he caught outside (a pidgin) and then sat with her to watch her eat it. The two leaned into each other to touch shoulders and Blackhat wasn't jealous. Nope. Not jealous at all. And even if he was jealous it would be so small it would be microscopic. (It was not microscopic, you had to be blind to not see the betrayed look on the eldritch's face when he saw Flug.)

Anyway, Blackhat was presently lying in his bed; silk pajamas on, mint teeth brushed, and purring neko on his chest. He absent-mindedly stroked Flug's ears with one hand and gently scraped his claws on the human's back. Flug now owned his own blue silk pj's and the soft, cool texture mixed with the calming vibrations was intoxicating. The eldritch fought the calming sleep just so he could enjoy this moment for a little longer. The peace and comfort were all he wanted to remember.

Everything was perfect. Until it wasn't. There was a loud, crash-BOOM, that shook the manchin and caused Flug to hook his claws in his chest. Blackhat detached Flug, who was still in a cat mindset and rushed to see what had happened. The Manchin was under attack by four heroes. Heroes who wanted justice (revenge) for their fallen comrades Blackhat killed at the convention not long ago. Blackhat had no problem disposing of the intruders, finishing up and rebuilding the mansion to its original state within an hour.

Now cranky, Blackhat went back to his bedroom; letting Demencia and 5.0.5. take the unconscious or dead heroes to the basement for experiments. A treat for Flug to have fun later. He teleported to his bedroom expecting a lazy lump to be sleeping on his bed and hogging all the sheets for himself. But there wasn't. Then he expected there to be a scared Flug hiding in the corner or under the bed.