✤forty nine

days had passed since the two started dating

days had passed since the two started dating. everything was perfect between them.

their relationship was filled with deep talks, kisses, hugs and giggles and most importantly, singing songs together at night while he played the guitar. one of their favorite songs to play was canada by lauv and alessia cara.

it was christmas eve, which meant that the next morning, all the nct members would come so that they all can open presents together. this also meant that tiffany would be leaving soon, and mark didn't want to talk about it.

they all had kept their christmas presents under the huge christmas tree which mark, tiffany and minhyuck had spent days decorating.

mark and tiffany were already under the covers, legs entangled as they watched cute dog videos on his phone.

he let out a sigh, and she looked at him, "what's up?"

"nothing...i was wondering if i should give you something bigger for christmas." he said. "i just have two small gifts."

"you have two gifts for me?!" she asked.

"yeah, the one i made was too small so i thought i'd buy you something too." he shrugged.

"you MADE something for me?" she asked.

"yeah, i know how much you love handmade gifts." he smiled, as she sat upright with a wide smile on her face.

"really? you remember that?" she asked as his hand found its way to hers.

he nodded, and her smile widened, as she straddled his lap, and leaned down to shower kisses on his face until he was a giggly mess.

"i love you so much." she smiled, and he gave her a soft smile too, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear.

"i love you more." he smiled. "i'm going to miss you so much."

her smile faded, as she laid on top of him, hearing his heartbeat pick a fast pace.

"do you have to go?" he asked sadly.

"yeah..." she sighed. she looked up when she heard him sniffling slightly. "mark?"

"yeah?" he looked at her and she frowned when she noticed his eyes sparkling with tears.

"are you crying?" she asked in a shaky voice.

"no..." he was crying.

"hey..." she cupped his face. "don't cry, mark..."

and that's when he started crying even harder. seeing anyone cry made tiffany emotional too.

she pouted, trying to stop herself from crying too, but ended up burying her face in his chest, as they both cried together silently.

"tiff?" he called out after a while.

"hm?" she hummed against his chest.

"do you want to tell the public about us?" he asked, and she shot upright.

"what?" she asked.

"i want to tell my fans that i am in love with you." he said.

"you're sleepy right now, mark. go to sleep." she said. 

"no, tiff. hear me out." he said. "i have no idea how much time it'll take us to meet again, and honestly you're the only thing i've been sure of. you're the one i want, and see, these fans are a big part of my life and i feel guilty about not telling them about something so important to me-"

"are you sure about it though?" she asked.

"i've never been this sure of anything in my whole life."