A Voice?! (dun, dun, duuuun)

"Why'd he give me euros?" I ask out loud.

"I don't know," Steve answers.

It's not that hot, luckily. It's also, fortunately, not raining.

"Ehm," Steve says.

"Oh yeah, why're you here?" I ask.

"So basically, I made a bet with Tony and Nick that I would get you to the tower willingly in 3 days," he explains.

Ooh, he's good. "What's in it for me?" I ask.

"20 US dollars which is however much here," he replies.

I pull out my phone and Google the conversion rate. It's like 17 pounds. That's actually decent.

"Do I have to pay for the travel?" I ask. "That's kinda a deal breaker."

"Nope," he says, popping the 'p'.

"Oh heck yeah!" I shout. "I'll do it," I agree.

"Nice," he celebrates.

Now we get ice cream. We order and then he walks over to a bench outside.

"Hey, I know this is an odd sentence, but do you take euros?" I say in my best full British and not half French accent.

"J," the cashier yells. A man walks over.

"Bonjour," 'J' greets.

"Bonjour monsieur. Acceptez-vous les euros?" I ask. (Hello sir. Do you accept Euros?)

"Oui," he replies. (Yes)

Hell yeah, I think pulling out the euros Wilbur gave me. I pay, grab the ice cream and leave.

I guess my fully British accent sucks.

We eat ice cream and talk about our childhood. Very interesting and slightly traumatizing topic.

We then turn to ice breaker questions.

"What's the weirdest thing you've done?" he asks.

"I've skinny-dipped with Dr. Phil twice," I reply.

He looks at me with so much confusion.

"Well I did it once with some friends cause why the fuck not? I think I was in shock because I believed I enjoyed it, so I did it again," I explain.

After I finish talking, a dramatic shadow appears over our heads.

"Well if it isn't Captain America and his girlfriend," a voice taunts.

"First off, I'm not dating him. Why does everyone think that? Two, why do I have to sound like the weak one? And three, who the fuck are you?" I ramble, catching the dude off guard.

TAP THE STONE

I tap my necklace that encases the stone and vaporize him.

"I hope you didn't like him or something," I say to Steve who is standing in shock and in a battle position.

"C'mon, we should go," I say, dragging him into an alley.

"When did you learn how to do that?" he asks, staring at me.

"Oh like 5 minutes ago. There was a voice in my head that told me to tap it so I did," I shrug.

"Did the voice sound normal?" he asks, looking a bit panicked.

"Nah but it's honestly whatever," I say looking down, noticing our proximity.

Why did I have to choose the smallest alleyway I could find???

I look up and come face to face with him. We just kinda stare in comfortable silence. I take in his features for a second and then break the silence.

"Call Tony or whatever. Don't we need a flight?" I ask.

"Oh, yes, sorry," he replies, looking flustered and reaching for his phone.

I laugh.