Chapter 72 : Revelation

Season 3 : Chapter 16

"Say, what took the both of you  this long to do? We were waiting for you to have lunch together, you know?"

As soon as Kiyotaka and Horikita walked inside the Class-D camp, Satou who was sitting on one of the logs of a tree, directed this question to them with slightly narrowed eyes. There was no sense of malice or any suspicion behind her gaze, it was just a gaze filled with mild curiosity. 

Horikita immediately narrowed her eyes in return and spoke in a cold tone, trying to not slip up about anything that happened inside the woods.

"We were scouting the Class-B camp, and were discussing with them about the usage of points and different ways we can use the resources we got to make our camp more efficient. So it took quite a bit of our time. I apologise for making you wait, although you didn't need to, in the first place."

Even though her words were radiating an aura of confidence and authority, the faint blush around her cheeks were noticeable to everyone else around her, to which they raised some eyebrows in curiosity. However they decided to keep their mouth shut and not comment on such oddity coming from their raven haired classmate, since it was not their business in the first place.

"You know, ever since the exam started, all you guys have been doing is work, work and work. I mean I understand that you guys are weary and want to increase the Class Points as much as possible, but I think the both of you should take better care of yourselves, since in the end it would be detrimental for the class in case one of you gets sick.......Not to mention, Horikita-san already was sick in the first place. Do you really think that you should walk around in the hot afternoon when you recovered just a couple of days ago?"

Matsushita, who was discussing something with Hirata and Karuizawa in the middle of the campsite, walked towards the two and started lecturing them with a slightly scolding tone  as if she was a disappointed mother, seeing which Satou giggled to herself as Kiyotaka and Horikita nodded in understanding. Karuizawa, who was weakly smiling at the sight in front of her, soon walked towards them and tapped the Leader of Class-D on his shoulder, trying to get his attention.

"Ayanokouji-kun, may I have some of your time?"

Immediately Satou and Matsushita looked at their blonde haired friend in confusion , not expecting  'The Karuizawa Kei' to speak in such an unhostile tone with the person whom she apparently couldn't stand. Similarly, the other girls of the class also looked quite interested in such a sudden development.

"Oh? Sure, I guess. Is it something serious?"

"Kind of. However I'm not comfortable  sharing this publicly, so do you mind if we talk somewhere privately?"

As soon as she said that, the blonde haired girl subtly glanced towards the smiling Kushida, who appeared to be happily chatting with her clique of friends. As if she sensed the lingering gaze of Karuizawa towards her direction, the beige haired 'idol' of Class-D turned around and waved at her in greeting, her ever present 'angelic' smile present on her face.

Karuizawa smiled at her in response before starting to walk inside the woods away from the camp, not before sending one last glance at Kiyotaka, gesturing him to follow her, as the boy complied to her request, his sense of curiosity flowing through his veins.

Horikita sent a small lingering gaze towards the retreating figure of her 'Boyfriend' before shrugging it off and sitting next to her two friends who were looking at her with sly smiles and teasing grins on their faces.