𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚

To whom it may concern,

Upon finding this letter, you might have already panicked by the thought that the newly proclaimed clan leader of the Zen'in clan and the daughter of the Gojo clan has went missing. But don't fret, as it is I, Zen'in Megumi writing this letter...

"We want you to know that as we fulfilled the decade-long treaty of the Zen'in and Gojo clan, we believe that we have finally done our responsibilities-wait no, scratch that" Y/N put her hand on her chin as she finds the right words for Megumi to write.

"How about, we firmly believe that we finally have the freedom to choose on how we want to live our lives?" Megumi suggested.

"Yes! That's great Megumi, let's put that! And then..." Megumi nodded and started writing again.

To whom it may concern,

Upon finding this letter, you might have already panicked by the thought that the newly proclaimed clan leader of the Zen'in clan and the daughter of the Gojo clan has went missing. But don't fret, as it is I, Zen'in Megumi writing this letter...

My wife and I want you to know that as we fulfilled the decade-long treaty of the Zen'in and Gojo clan, we firmly believe that we finally have the freedom to choose on how to live our lives as a newly wed couple. And as you may have guessed now, we have run away. And running away doesn't mean I am being irresponsible to leave the clan with the clan leader position vacant. So this is what I have decided to do.

To the Zen'in clan that made me the clan leader today, I am thankful for this opportunity to lead you all, but I know to myself that I am not the one suitable for this position, and so I would like to leave this will as my decree to announce that I am stepping down as the clan leader. And I am pleased to announce that the successor I have chosen is someone more capable in running the family and much more responsible than me.

On this day, I am naming Zen'in Maki as my successor.

This decree is final and irrevocable and will be effective immediately.

I trust that whoever receives this decree will honor my will as clan leader of the Zen'in family.

[Sealed with the Zen'in clan seal]

Respectfully,

(Signed)

Zen'in Megumi

━━━━━━━━━━━

A few months later...

"Megumi, do you think Maki deciphered it?" Y/N asked as she sat and served breakfast for the both of them. They are currently living their life and has never been happier to be finally free. They were still fighting curses here and there at this far away town on the countryside where they chose to live, but no one ever knows they exorcise those gruesome creatures.

They had enough money thanks to their salary from the missions they had when they were students, and they have saved up a ton, especially Y/N when she went overseas, so they were able to buy a small house in this town, but having money today doesn't mean they'll no longer work for the future. Thanks to her experience as Shoko's assistant in Jujutsu High's infirmary, Y/N is currently working as a medical assistant in a pediatric clinic just a few blocks away from their home while further studying to get her license and become a doctor. Megumi on the other hand works as an assistant for a monk in a temple and is in the guise of learning how to fend off evil spirits, but he actually uses his techniques. Lying is bad but they had no choice, unless they want to be traced by those grumpy higher ups then they should've just not run away in the first place, after all, even if there was already a small change in the jujutsu clans today, those old fools still exist and are still in power.