RETEKA

RAJKUMARI CHITRA

I laughed at sight of rabbits chasing after each other in the gardens. It's been weeks since I seen any of the girls which use to visit me. Oddly it is making me feel better. The Deepawali was a dull affair. Maharaj were said to be sulking in isolation and Nandini was too busy to talk with me. I leaned against the pillows spreaded around the small platform in the gardens as the rabbits played on my lap sometimes nipping on my hair and other times trying to eat my cloths. I signed in bliss as the warmth of sunlight hit my cold skin.

MAHARAJ AYUDHIK

I tapped my foot against the carpet in annoyance. I must leave for Seshachalam at once but here Sumraj is absent even when I had sent a emergency message for him. Lekhya looked equally iginated but I can't help but notice her planning something in her mind. The smiles she give him, the small hints of interest and false affection. But the look of utter disguist which coat her face when he announces his presence and change to a charming smile at once. "Don't bite more than you can eat ?" I said to her as she looked at me puzzled. Luckily Vinay ji is still outside waiting for Sumraj. "We both know what I am talking about. I will be absent for nearly one month. If I won't be there to hide the body ask Reteka." I said as she looked at me more confused.

Before she can ask me what I am telling her about Vinay ji and Sumraj entered. Sumraj had a look of distrust and annoyance which immediately vapourised on seeing Lekhya who till now was looking at door suddenly paid her entire attention on me but not before she caught Sumraj's eyes. What are these two trying to play out. "Any urgent matters that required our assistance Maharaj ?" Sumraj asked in mocking voice elongating the last word. The need to bash his head against the door or pillar is uncanning as I spread out the newly made map of Suryagadh Samrajya which can be considered as the third smallest major kingdom after Hind Kush and Bhramagiri. They all peered in it looking at the marked places located in north near the forest between Alwar and Suryagadh.

"Do you know this region Lekhya ?" I asked her not wanting to put up with Sumraj. He is treading the borderline with me from last few days. "Kaintalya. It is a tribal region Maharaj." She said frowning. "I am going here." All looked at me in shock. "Can I ask why Maharaj ?" Vinay ji asked as Sumraj opened his mouth. "Our intelligence department had news that Megha was last sighted here." Nor a total lie but neither a truth as well. "How is it related to you Maharaj ?" Sumraj asked getting impatient. "We all know about the gurge we hold against each other very well Sumraj there is no need to explain it further." I replied in a chilling manner but it look like he don't have a mood to listen.

"But Maharaj...." "Privacy." I said out and Lekhya and Vinay ji took their leave leaving Sumraj alone who I thought have enough mind or common sense to not to question me. "Megha is still belong to Royal family of Devraj...." He said but I looked at him letting my eyes change to orange. He gulped in shock as his eyes widened in fear. "You know Sumraj I am roamed in wilderness more than I stayed in palace." I rounded my table coming eye to eye with him which is more like eye to nose me being more taller than him but who cares. "I know very well how to handle my personal affairs. I might not show but I am as bloodthirsty as Alekhya if not more."

I placed my sharp sword on his neck as it sliced off the thin thread holding the holy rudraksha together along with small silver beads. They all fallen on the ground bouncing off in different directions. The room is so silent that I am able to clearly listen to the sharp intakes of his breaths. I smirked. "If I found any undérlaying schemes or thoughts of disobedience you better die with soilders or else you will either die in my hands and if I died as well. Alekhya will make sure to chase you to end of world and I hope you hadn't forgotten about Virendra's or Nevarkar family's fate." I laughed internally at his efforts to appear neutral even though his hands are sweating and his eyes quickly darting around the surroundings.