||13.||

•||Ch 13: pleading not to Break||

•||Ch 13: pleading not to Break||•

||Mehrun's POV||

"Mom?"

I called her, softly, hiding all my fear inside.

She turned around, closing my room door behind then walked towards me.

"Mehrun, you just need to know what your father's doing is to protect you," She told me, caressing my cheeks gently.

"He's angry at me..."

My voice was barely above the small and quiet whisper. The disappointment on his face was appearing in front of my eyes like a fresh sense.

"He's not angry at you. You should know your father can be angry at anyone but not you. He's angry at how the situation has turned into."

I shook my head and tried to force the tears back in my mind.

"But I'm the root of these problems. Because of me, dad is facing the dissatisfaction of the shareholders in the company and stocks falling."

Mom held my hands and sat us on my bed while I was remembering all the conservation I heard between my and Shaizum's family.

"Stocks problem is minor. Not a serious one. It fell on the day before yesterday but today it's going back up stably. And your father never cares about those shareholders. Don't forget your father is the chairperson," Mom told me, softly, looking into my eyes and making sure I'd understand her.

I nodded my head and looked down at my lap, wanting nothing at this moment other than taking those 72 hours back.

There was a knock on the door. Mom stood up to open it while I kept my head down until I saw black polished boots appeared in front of me then the stop beside me on bed sank. I looked up and no one in the room other than dad, beside me.

"I don't want to hurt you, Mehrun. And I am not angry at you," He whispered softly and wrapped his arms around me.

"You didn't look at me or talk to me. You took my phone too," I whispered back in a small voice and looked down.

"Because I didn't want to hurt you or take someone's anger at you... And I took your phone because one, I want to change your number in case those reporters contact you too. Two, I don't want you to look at those comments in your social group."

With a sigh, he patted my back while explaining to me.

I lowered my eyes because I fully knew what those people commented behind my back on the Blog forum and social groups. They had been betting on my relationship with Shaizum and now they were betting on our wedding too.

If I'd say, I wasn't feeling suffocated reading those messages, It'd be a lie.

"If I knew about the proposal then I would have everything under control. I just don't want those reports to write useless things about you. Right now leave all these problems to me and start your Nikkah preparations," He told me half truth, softly and put a new phone in my hand.