Last gift pt2 N.R (req)

Your POV
It's been a few days since I gave my broken phone to Natasha and have been using the spare phone she has given me to use. I refused to use the phone that Tony had given me and it has been sitting on my table collecting dust ever since.

I miss being able to scroll through the funny and silly text my mother and I used to send to each other. It contains messages that never fail to make me smile and remind me of the time I was truly free and innocent. The numerous texts she asked when I was going home and the silly texts we had when we were sitting next to each other because we didn't want people to know we were talking about them.

Now I can only remember them through memory and they are slipping away each day, only remembering a few handful's.

Now I am only left on my own as I lay on my bed after a mission. Usually, I would be looking through my phone. I could go down to the living room where all the other Avengers are but it's just awkward without my phone as a shield and being able to act that I was focusing on my phone and weren't listening to their conversation so I didn't have to answer their arguments.

Sometimes their arguments are silly and I didn't want to entertain them. But my thoughts are not able to stop and now I'm having an inner monologue with myself.

Suddenly, a knock pulled me out of my thoughts and I raised my head to see Natasha peeking in. "Hi Y/N, I know you have nothing to do right now. Do you want to join me in SHIELD? I am going to train a bunch of trainees today. Do you want to watch or participate?"

I thought for a moment before nodding. I didn't want to make new friends or meet new people but I guess I didn't want to stay alone anymore. "Can I just watch?"

"Sure, want to be my assistant? You can just stand by my side." Natasha suggested as we went to the garage to take her corvette. I felt safe with her, I know she wouldn't do anything that can put us in harm intentionally.

The training was alright, I mostly stood there except when handling out safety equipment and collecting them back. The recruits looked at me a lot seeing it was weird having a kid being the assistant. Perhaps they were looking for Commander Hill.

"Shall we have some ice cream before we head back?" Natasha invited us as we stepped out of the training room. I nodded along joining her back in the car. Nat drove us to the McDonalds drivethru and both of a McFlurry each. I got to eating as soon as it was handed to me while Nat ate when we were at a red light.

"Slow down girl, you're almost done and I'm not scrapping the top part." Nat jokes and I use my spoon and scoop up a huge chunk from hers.

"I can help." I said as I placed it in my mouth.

"Hey!" She glared at me but I knew she wasn't going to do anything. "I'm going to take yours away." She grumbled and I extended my cup towards her.

"Go ahead." I challenged. She scanned her opponent before taking the cup from my hand and the moment she did that, I took hers which was resting in the cup holder.

"How dare you!" I shrugged my shoulders before cheekily taking another mouthful from hers and returning it back to her.

After an eventful ride, we finally reached the compound. I was about to head back to my room when Natasha told me to follow her to her room.

She handed me a phone and I looked up at her. She nodded for me to go through it and I quickly realised it was filled with the text messages and pictures I had with my mother and a few others with my friends.

"Nat..." I was speechless. I couldn't believe she managed to do it.

"Tony managed to retrieve the data and I tried finding the phone in your favourite colour that was similar to the one he broke but I was only able to get this. I hope this is okay."

"Nat... this is more than okay." I noticed one more thing when I saw the lock screen. It was a picture of baby me and my mum. I couldn't help starting to tear up again.

"Why why? What's wrong?" Nat asked when she saw my eyes gloss over.

"When I was still a baby, technologies weren't that advanced and this was one of the rare few photos my mum took of us."

"Ohhh sweetheart..." She pulled me in for a hug and rubbed my back gently. While doing so, she said. "Why don't you keep this phone and the spare I gave you? This way, you won't have to worry about damaging this during missions."

"Thank you, Nat. I can't thank you enough, I really appreciate this." I pulled away and looked at her.

"No worries, I'm going to beat Tony for even doing this to you." She shouted at Tony right after she said it and I could hear Tony yelling, dropping his tools and running away. I giggled slightly at his fear of Nat. "Don't worry dear, we're just going to let him leave in fear for a few hours. Movie?"

"Yes, please."

Written on 31 Aug 2022
Posted on 2 Sept 2022

Requested by: KailynStrickland
Hope it's okay :)

Requested by: KailynStricklandHope it's okay :)