News

"Where are your mother and siblings today?" The emperor asked as he sat down on the breakfast table.

"Mwommy iz tiwad and mwy siblwingz tidwn't want to come,("Tao'er responded, unaware that this had hurt his father.

"That's okay, tell father what you want to do today okay?" The emperor smiled and hid his disappointed expression as he picked up his utensils and started to eat.

"I wand to cwook with fawdher!" Tao'er responded as he looked up from his plate, his eyes bright. The emperor was taken aback at first since he never cooked, but seeing the bright look in his son's eyes, he didn't have the heart to refuse it.

"Ok, then I'll let the servants prepare what we need, and then we can go after we eat." The emperor said as he patted Tao'er's bobbing head.

With a nod from Tao'er, the conversation about the topic ended. But Tao'er being the most chatty sibling of course had other topics to talk about, which almost always revolved around his mommy. The emperor couldn't help but think that Tao'er was a mommy's boy. His whole world revolved around his mommy. At first, he felt some jealousy, but he quickly pushed it back remembering the horrid things he did. He didn't have the right to be jealous.

After eating they made their way to the kitchen, where they spend hours cooking and making a mess. Their next stop was the imperial zoo, where Tao'er tried to feed bunnies but got chased by them instead. They then made their way to the imperial garden, where they made flower crowns until the sun went down. 

The whole day was a novelty for the emperor, he got to see his son, smile, laugh, and actually have fun. He also learned that his son liked being naked...? What was up with that? The picture of his son running wildly through the field of flowers was something that would forever be engraved in his mind. To see somebody have such genuine happiness not from material and not from money, but from the simplest things made him remember that his son was a child, a real child. Not an object that can be used or thrown, not a shield for protection but a child. This was his first time seeing that.

As the emperor was thinking about these things he suddenly heard Tao'er yawn. That's when he remembered that he forgot about Tao'er nap time, which the empress warned him about. The empress specifically told him that if Tao'er did not have his afternoon nap, then he had no reason to return to the palace.

Don't blame the empress, she adored her kids no doubt, but when Tao'er did not have his afternoon nap, then the whole night would be a nightmare. He would throw tantrums and cry all night with no rest and it was just so exhausting. He let the emperor know but the emperor still didn't listen to him so it was up to him to deal with Tao'er.

The emperor learned that he needed to listen to the empress when it came to the children the hard way. After seeing that Tao'er was yawning, he took him to the Dragon Palace to rest. After tidying Tao'er up he was put to sleep, and Tao'er actually did not throw tantrums, so he thought he was good. Keyword: thought. Well, let's just say he thought wrong and because of that he's currently sitting at the breakfast table with the empress and their kids with his eyes fighting a major battle with sleep.

"It seems that you've slept well your highness," The empress said as he slowly brought some porridge to his lips, his mouth curving upwards as he gave the emperor an amused look.

"Empress," The emperor responded, his voice helpless.

"I just got the news that the Grand Emperor is coming this week, and we need to prepare a banquet. With how I am now I won't be able to do it, so I will pass the responsibility to Imperial Wife Yan." The empress reported, his voice no longer amused.

"Of course," The emperor agreed.

"And she said that she wouldn't mind you spending time with princess Yingtai Niu," The empress added.

"Okay, then Yingtai can come to our next breakfast," The emperor announces, searching for approval in the empress's eyes.

The empress could barely care, so why would she be jealous? Plus, it was only the right thing to do. His kids were getting to know their father, but they also had other siblings that would like their father to visit them, and who is he to stop them from doing so? It was their right to know their father, no matter who their father is, the kids has a right to know then. So why would he stop Yingtai or any royal children from knowing their father?

"Then I will excuse myself," The emperor said, as he got up from the table.

"Hwaf a nwize day awt mowenang couwt father! (Have a nice day at morning court father!)" Tao'er said as hugged his father's legs, his big doe eyes glossy.

"How about you come to morning court with me, I just bought you some toys, you can bring them so you don't get bored." The emperor offered.

"Yes, daddy!" Tao'er agreed excitedly making his siblings give him the stank eye. This was supposed to be a hate-the-emperor club but this little traitor betrayed them. Look at him acting all affectionate with that birdbrain of an emperor. The empress chucked seeing how her eldest son and daughter were boring holes in the backs of the father and son pair who were walking out.

"Your Majesty! New just came in," Jia Niu, one of her trusted maids reported happily.

"What is it?" The empress asked as she turned around.

"Your eldest sister Liu Shi Ling is pregnant," The servant answered happily, shocking the empress. Her sister is already pregnant after such a short time is really a feat. She felt like her sister got it yesterday but now she's already going to be an aunt. 

Question Of The Day

Your fave app?