1.6

»»»

"Here." Cassandra didn't even have enough time to react before a blanket was thrown onto her. Almost burying her completely. She sensed Taehyung sitting down next to her as she picked it up. "You feel cold, don't you?" She pursed her lips, nodding embarrassed. So he had noticed. Although it probably wasn't that hard to guess. She was sneezing and despite having changed into her pajamas again, her body was still trembling a little. Having absorbed the coldness of the rain.
"Thanks," she mumbled then and wrapped it around her shoulders. Going back to observing the storm outside. Occasional lightnings illuminating the sky, painting the dark clouds into a light grey or purple. The sound of water flowing through the streets audib. Another lightning struck with thunder following shortly after. "Eight seconds.. the storm is getting closer." Another one struck. Cassandra quietly counting the seconds until the thunder was heard. "Six. Six seconds."
"It'll reach us soon," he mumbled. His brows furrowed. He didn't say it out loud, but she could tell by his concerned look he was worried for Ari. She brought her knees to her chin then, hugging them.

They remained silent for quite awhile. Simply observing the rain hitting the window and the lightnings getting closer. Eventually striking so close that the thunder roared deefeningly loud in the same exact moment. Startling both to the point they jumped in their seat.
"It's right above us!"
Cassandra nodded vigorously. Eyes round by the small shock. She tightened the blanket around her. Sensing his arm pressed against hers. Thankfully the next lightning hit further away.

"Uhm, by the way," she eventually spoke up after awhile, "Thanks for bringing me along. Even if it's just for a weekend, it's nice to get out of the city and forget about all my responsibilities for awhile."
"It was Yoongi's idea actually," he blurted out absent-mindedly, leaning his head against the bed behind him.
"Oh, I see.." The change of tone in her voice brought him back to reality, realising how it must've sounded to her. "Not that I didn't want your company," he quickly said then, "It's just that I wasn't sure if you could even join me? You got Izzy after all and.. you might've found it weird."
"No, it's alright. I needed that, you know?" Her gaze fell. "I wasn't feeling too well these past days. So the change of scenary helped."
"I noticed actually," Taehyung admitted. Making her eyes widen. Laughing under breath. "I guess it wasn't too hard to tell."
He nodded, giving her a sympathetic smile. "It's okay. We all feel under the weather sometimes. But was there any specific reason or-"
"No, seriously there wasn't," she shook her head, resting her cheek on her knees. "I just couldn't make a simple decision and from that moment on, I felt totally overwhelmed with.. with everything. I don't know how to explain it." She leaned back against the bed as well. Her head sliding over the bed's edge. Eventually resting tiredly on his shoulder. Taehyung remained silent for a moment. To some extend, he understood her. At least he tried to. Her cheek pressing lightly onto his shoulder and her curls tickling his neck, distracting him for a moment. His heartbeat picking up. "T-thank you for joining me on this trip. I.. I don't like doing it alone."
"You needed a friend for support and I'm just a person who always helps her friends," she said. Her voice growing thinner. Almost turning into a whisper. "Even if they sometimes don't appreciate it."
"I appreciate you, always." Why, why did he always have to say the right words in the right moment? And the way he said them with his deep, baritone voice. He meant them. All of them. She could tell by that soft yet serious way he spoke them out. It was sincere.
"I know," she softly smiled then. Her eyelids closing slowly. "That's why I'm glad I could come."
He averted his bown eyes from the calming nightsky. Observing how the faint light of the streetlights softly illuminated her face. Her forehead, nose, cheeks and lips. And he couldn't help but get reminded of the way the colourful lights at the festival had used to paint her features as well.
Truth was, spending the weekend in that town was bearable thanks to her. Even it had been his own fault for almost going there alone. It was easier to go alone than to explain. But he didn't mind explaining to her. She made it easy to just pour his heart out. Even if that meant he would allow himself to seem vulnerable.