037

Charlie had woken up in the middle of the night from a nightmare, and of course the only thing she had thought of to do was go into wilburs bedroom, he was already awake, not that charlie realised this, but he was thinking about all of the things he could've done different in court, he didn't want to have these regrets but his mind was filled with them, what could he have said to add to his case.

He didn't know why he had such negative thoughts, there was still a chance he could win. But maybe that's just hopeful thinking.

He tried not to think about it as he turned around to see Charlie who was sat on his bed, she thought that he was asleep, usually whenever he was awake she'd go to him and cuddle up in his arms for comfort but she didn't qant to disturb him.

"Come on, come here sweety" wilbur said, surprising charlie, she hadn't expected him to be awake she thought he was peacefully sleeping.

But he had his arms open for her to go and cuddle up to him, and she was cold and upset, she wouldn't say no.

It had been silent for a while, wilbur was half asleep and he had thought Charlie was asleep but apparently not.

"Daddy" Charlie whispered into his chest, wilbur had been running his hand through Charlie's hair to try get her to sleep, he knew it calmed her down after a nightmare but tonight it must of kept her awake.

"Hmm" wilbur mumbled, still half asleep, "are you gonna break your promise?" She asked him, recalling the promise he made to her, that he would never leave her, and he remembered it too, he remembered saying the words 'I promise I'll never leave you' back then it was something to comfort her from a nightmare but now they had more meaning, he didn't want to break that promise.

"No I'd never break that promise okay, I'm gonna make sure you stay with me" wilbur had no idea what was coming out of his mouth, he knew he couldn't promise that but his half asleep self was trying to comfort charlie in any way possible, and it seemed lying was the only way.

"Thankyou Daddy" Charlie said tiredly but she didn't want to sleep yet.

"Now close your eyes I'm gonna give you the best face massage" Charlie told him, not quite pronouncing massage correctly but wilbur found it cute and politely abided to Charlie's request and closed his eyes.

Charlie sat up in the bed, kneeling down beside him to get a better veiw of his face.

Charlie had never given nor received a
Face massage and she had no idea what to do, instead she did it in her own way.

Charlie placed one of her hands on each side of wilbur face, he shivered slightly at the coldness they brought.

Charlie squished his cheeks together, his face resembling somewhat of a fish and wikbur had to try not to laugh at her attempts.

Next she used only two of her fingers and squished into his face, moving it around, forgetting about the massage and just making him make funny faces, she giggled each time she changed the face, to wilbur she sounded angelic.

As she proceeded to massage wilburs face, he couldn't help but chuckle occasionally at her.

As she continued her massage, charlie grew tired, eventually she layed down beside wilbur, still pressing his cheeks together, eventually she stopped, instead she just kept her hands against his cheeks.

"Your hands are cold" wilbur pointed out with a warm smile as he looked down at the girl.

"Your face is warm" Charlie replied back, "are you cold charlie" he asked her, even though she was wrapped in fluffy pyjamas, a blanket and wilburs quilt.

"Mhm" she muttered, her eyes drooping slightly as wilbur pulled her closer to him in a much needed hug, they fell asleep like that and that was how they woke up.

Wilbur was the first to wake up of the two, deciding he'd let Charlie sleep longer, she wasbstiwrapped around him so he carefully reached over to his bedside table and grabbed his phone, deciding just to go on that before charlie decided to wake herself up.

Wilbur had a few messages off people, and a few twitter notifications, the first being off tommy who was spamming his phone with photos from the day at the beach and the amusements, he looked through them for quite some time, making sure they were all saved into his phone he was planning on making some sort of photo albumn, he wanted charlie to have something physical when she grows up to remember her childhood, that's if she was still with wilbur, he couldn't know that for definite but even then it wad nice to have photos with Charlie and his friends.

Niki had messaged him saying good luck, which he thought was sweet, but it wasn't out of charecter for her, he had quite a few messages telling him that they hoped it went well, he was surprised they were all awake early enough, although quite a few of them had sent the messages at ungodly hours of the morning.

Dream had messaged him saying the judge was crazy if he didn't let Charlie stay with wilbur, it also had quite an few profanities included which made wilbur chuckle slightly.

The smp group chat was full and if he was honest he really didn't want to read through them all, he'd probably go through it later.

He paused when he saw the message from Andrew, it was him telling wilbur that he wished him luck and he'd let him know what was happening when he knew himself.

It was then that it hit wilbur, this was really happening, charlie could be leaving, and he'd be breaking his promise...

A/n:

I have another book planned out that is similar to this one, it just has a different father figure, so after this is finished if you'd like to read something similar then please follow me for more<33