Hey Cass?

I shook off the horrific memories as I heard the buzzing sounds of gates opening and doors unlocking. Now I may have never been to prison but it looks exactly like every juvenile detention center that I have been sent to.

I sat on the hard bench chair across from the man that I call my father. It's been a little while since I've last seen him. I've been kind of busy since the move out of Compton.

"So you didn't forget about me?" He says.

"Don't start that shit. I've been caught up with some things but I came with good news." I reply.

"You ain't get that Alexa girl pregnant did you?" He asks trying to guess what it was.

"Uh no, God no, I'd turn into mom if that happened. Minus the drugs of course" I say.

My mother literally disappeared on me and my father. Ain't no telling where she is now. If she's even alive anyway.

"Although you're right. It's just not Alexa but I'm not here to tell you that." I add.

I nod at the guard and he comes over and and takes the cuffs off my father. "Welcome home."

"You paid my bond?" He questions.

"Did you really think I was gonna let you rot in prison?" I ask.

"It was starting to feel like it." He admits.

"You know damn well I wouldn't. Now bring yo ass sir. This place is starting to give me ptsd."

__________

"So who the hell did you get pregnant?" My dad asks as I pulled up to his house.

"My girl. You think I'm out here getting random women pregnant?" I ask.

"I don't know. I once did." He says.

I looked at him confused as fuck. "Do I have siblings out here?"

"Probably." He answers.

"I don't know if freeing you was a good idea. You are a menace to society." I joke.

My phone started going off so I answered it once I seen who was calling first. "What's up Gia?"

"Have you seen Rue?" She asked almost panicked like.

"No I haven't seen Rue. What's going on?" I ask.

"Can you come to the house? It's a lot going on." She replies.

"Yeah I'll be there." I say and hang up.

"It's really nice to have you back pops but I gotta go." I tell him.

"Have you been driving my Charger?" He asks quickly.

"Nope." I lie and exit his house.

__________

"So what's going on with Rue again?" I ask.

"She's ran off somewhere. I found a giant suitcase of drugs under her bed and she flipped when I told her that I flushed them. She agreed to go the hospital but took off in traffic. I don't know where she is." Aunt Leslie explains to me.

Oh I'm about to whoop Rue's ass. I knew she full of shit when she came to me about the whole weed thing. But wait, a suitcase full of fucking drugs. Where would she get-, oh no.

I know who deals their shit like that. Rue done fucked with Laurie. I did some business with her a couple years back. That woman is scary. Rue is in some serious shit if she don't pay that woman back.

But I know they came to me because I know Rue better than anyone. Rue and I were basically attached at the hip growing up.

"Where were you guys when she took off?" I ask.