Chapter Fifteen.

Sophia's Point of View.

The three of us walk around the palace, greeting those who greet us. Ellie and I point out little nooks and cranies, that the two of us had found over the years.

We were walking down a darkened corridor when I saw a staircase that I have never noticed before. "Ellie, have you seen this staircase before?" I asked her pointing at the staircase. Ellie shakes her head.

Ellie, Ryan and I share a look before I shrug my shoulders and walk towards the staircase and walk up the few steps there were. I hear Ellie and Ryan follow behind me. I turn the knob of the door, to see whether it was locked or not and found it wasn't.

I open the door further and make my way inside turning to smile and shrug my shoulders at the other two. After looking around a little bit and fiddling around with stuff I found that lifting a headstone of what must be an old king opened a secret door.

''That's cool,'' Ellie and I say at the same time. ''Come on,'' I wave them on as I walk into the secret passageway. ''Hello,'' Ryan calls out. When there was no answer I grab Ellie's and Ryan's hands and pull them along with me as we explore.

I walk into a room that stores a lot more stuff and look around. I walked toward a hatch and open it up and was amazed to see and hear the members of parliament talking.

I turn around and motion, Ellie and Ryan to come over and look. Ellie does but Ryan just looks at all the stuff in the room with interest.

''So as of the 20th of October last year on the occasion of his 21st birthday another Genovian of the royal bloodline became eligible to assume the throne,'' I hear the familiar voice of the man that helped me when my crown was knocked off my head last night. ''What?'' Ellie and I whisper.

''My nephew, Lord Devereaux,'' he continues on. I feel Ellie grab my hand in an attempt to try and comfort me. ''I beg your pardon?'' Grandma asks as I see her stand up from her chair next to the prime minister.

''My nephew's mother was my wife's sister,'' the same man goes on to explain. ''Therefore your majesty, I am pleased to say that my nephew is ready to take his place as Genovia's rightful king,'' he tells her.

''Shut up,'' I mutter as Grandma says the same thing but more clearly. ''I beg your pardon?'' he asks as there are murmurs of shock throughout the room.

''You've rubbed off on her a bit I see,'' Ryan tells me coming to stand on my other side. I shoot him a small smirk before focusing back on the conversation in the room as they were trying to explain how shut up doesn't mean for them to shut up. The same thing that Joe had to do for her when we first met.

"Isn't Princess Sophia, first in line for the throne?" one of the members of parliament ask raising his hand.

"Not yet," another speaks up. "Genovian law states that if a princess must marry before she can assume her right to take the throne," he continues.

I shake my head but pay attention as Grandma stands up to say something. "We have never enforced that law, a man doesn't need to have to marry to become king. This is the twenty-first century for heaven's sake. My Granddaughter should be given the same rights as any other man," Grandma defends both myself and women all over the world.

"Yeah," I call out before my mouth was covered with his hand in doing so pulling me into his side.

"You good?" He whispers. I nod my head. "Thank you," I whisper to him. He just nods his head before we all go back to paying attention to what was being said down below.