14: Vampire Blood

f o u r t e e n

"Are you mad at me?" Stefan asked, breaking the silence that lingered from when we first climbed into the car.

"Well, I'm not happy that you haven't chosen yet. I mean, if you really loved either of us, it should be easy to pick who you want to be with." I frowned, keeping my eyes on the ground. "But I'm sorry I yelled at you. I guess I just see Damon differently than you do."

"Yeah, I understand." He sighed, "and I'm sorry I haven't chosen yet. There's pros and cons to each of you."

"Like?"

"Well, for starters, no matter who I pick, I'm going to lose the other. If I pick you, you'll become a target for Damon as well. If I pick you, and leave Elena, we wouldn't even be able to actually date. Because Elena would absolutely hate you if I break up with her one day and the next I'm with you. And I don't know, I just don't want to lose either of you."

"Well, you can't just stay in the middle forever." I shrugged as I put the car in park. "This is the first of many places the druggies hangout at."

This place was the spot where I first got drunk with Tyler, I think I was twelve. I cant remember why I drank that day, maybe just because I had the chance to and I liked the way the alcohol tasted so I continued drinking.

Stefan closed his eyes for a second, "she's not here."

"It's that simple?" I finally looked at him.

"I can't hear or smell anyone but you so I can tell she's not here." He stated, opening his eyes and looking at me. "But your heart is racing and you have a pretty strong perfume on so that could be covering up Vicki's smell and her noises."

"Oh, alright." I felt my cheeks starting to get warm so I looked away, "anyways, next spot?"

We'd been to the next eight spots that were most popular for the drug users, and we were finally at spot number nine.

This was the spot where I got drunk and fought with one of Vicki's friends. That was the night my parents decided that I needed help and was sent to Chicago.

"This is one of the last popular places, all the others are where the actual crackheads go, and I doubt that Vicki would go there." I sighed, my wrist getting sore from moving to Park so many times.

I held my breath as Stefan closed his eyes. "She's here. C'mon." He started opening the door, but stopped when he realized that I wasn't getting out also. "She barely knows me, you two used to party together. She will be more comfortable with you there than just with me."

I nodded, climbing out and following behind Stefan. We made our way around a bunch of trees, and it was silent, as far as I could hear, besides the branches cracking under our feet and Stefan's small "careful"'s and "watch your step"'s. After a few minutes we saw Vicki crying against a tree.

"Vicki." Stefan says, calm and nice. Vicki stopped her crying slightly, but tears still fell down her face.

Vicki breathed in, the sound of snot running up her nose made me cringe. "I'm starting to remember things. What he is, what he said. I remember you, the hospital, the rooftop, it's all coming back."

"I'm so sorry," Stefan whispered, but his voice got louder the more he talked, "Damon had no right to do this to you."

Vicki sucked in again, the same snotty sound echoed throughout the empty woods. "He said I need to feed. What will happen if I don't?" She asked between deep breaths.

"You'll fade quickly, then it will all just be over." Stefan stated. Vicki looked like she was going to say what, but she never did.

She started crying again, nodding. "I'll be dead."

Stefan nodded back, and started walking closer to her, "hey." He whispered as he sat next to her.

"I don't want this." She stated. I wasn't a huge fan of Vicki, but I did feel bad for her. Nobody should have to go through this if they didn't want it in the first place.

"I know." Stefan rested his hand on her shoulder. I wanted to help, but I didn't know what to say. "It'll be okay. You'll be okay. I can help you."

"Is it better? Is it better? Will I be better?" Vicki asked, but Stefan didn't reply. He only looked at the ground, which caused her to cry even harder. "I wanna go home." Stefan nodded again, "will you take me home?"

"Yeah, c'mon." Stefan grabbed Vicki's hand as he was about to stand. He flinched slightly when he heard a gunshot. "Blair!"

I looked down, seeing a single bullet hole in the middle of my chest. I looked back at Stefan as he stood to help me, but right as I fell over, he was shot in about the same spot as I was. I watched as he fell down again.

I don't know why, but it didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would to be shot. Maybe because I didn't see it coming, so I wasn't expecting the pain. But as I laid on the ground a few feet away from Stefan, it felt like I had a needle poke me in the chest, and it just stung.

Vicki and I both looked over to wear the bullets came from, as Stefan laid on the ground groaning in pain. "Logan?" I whispered, the stinging in my chest becoming more painful as I moved my head.

Vicki stood and backed against the tree. I don't think Logan heard me, because he just dropped his gun and walked up to Stefan. He pressed his fist to Stefan's bullet hole, holding a wooden stake in his fist.

Logan raised the stake up, about to stab Stefan in the heart. "Stop!" I screamed at the same time that Vicki screamed "No!"

Out of nowhere, Damon was standing behind Logan with his fangs in Logan's neck. Logan screamed, but it wasn't very loud. After Damon let go of Logan, he fell to the ground, and Damon leaned over Stefan.

Damon dug his hand into Stefan's chest to pull the bullet out. "It's wood." He looked at the bullet, "they know. If anyone's going to kill you, it's gonna be me." Damon smirked, "my ring."

"Help Blair." Stefan muttered weakly, pulling the ring from his pocket and handing it to Damon.

"What?" Damon asked before looking at me. He stood up and quickly stepped over Stefan. "Sorry, B, this is going to hurt." was all Damon said before he dug his hand into my chest as well. My scream was much louder than Logan Fell's, then again I had a hand in my chest not teeth in my neck.

Damon pulled out the bullet, his hand covered in a mix of Stefan and my blood, and looked at it. "He must of thought you were a vampire, too." Damon bit into his wrist and shoved it in my mouth, at first I rejected it, but i then realized how much blood I had already lost, My brand new white tank top was now stained red, and I drank his blood. It was disgusting.

Damon helped me sit up after he pulled his wrist from my mouth, I looked over at Stefan then at Vicki. "Vicki, no!" I yelled as she bit into Logan's neck where Damon had just bit him.

Stefan stopped looking at Damon and I and turned his head to Vicki. "No! No, Vicki stop!"

Vicki sat up on her knees, "I'm sorry." She lightly wiped her mouth before running away.

"Oops." Damon smirked slightly.

I hit him in the stomach, but he didn't seem to be fazed. "Dick."

//

AN;; is this horrible or not horrible i can't tell. Ahaha, I may do one more chapter tonight, or I may just start writing it. I'm not sure, but please vote and comment! Xxx ashelina