chapter sixty two.

"Bag?"

"Yep."

"Jacket?"

"Yep." I slid it on.

"Smile?"

I paused mid scrummage through my bag, "Uh huh."

Harry unlocked the front door and turned over his shoulder, "Got everything then, cherry girl, let's go."

I sweetly rolled my eyes, sweeping another glance over his apartment before turning and walking through the door Harry held open for me. He patted my bum on the way out and I sent him a glare full of love as he shoved the key into the doorknob and locked it.

"Where are we going again?" I asked as we rounded the corner and Harry smoothed his hand into my own. "You're asking like I told you the first time. I didn't." He said smartly, smirking down at me as he pushed open the front door of the complex and we both walked out into the afternoon chill.

Harry lived in an area more central than where Dee and I were. More livelier and closer to town with only a few minutes walk. So that was what we were doing. Walking. Taking a stroll. His hand in mine.

"Surprises get me anxious, you know that. Like severely anxious." I explained to him. My denim jacket keeping my body warm as the cold air whipped past us. Harry sported a comfy blue hoodie which melted me to mush. "Severely anxious," He chuckled, "You know I would never do anything, or plan anything, or take you anywhere, that would make you severely anxious. You know that, don't you?"

"Of course I know that. I'm just weird." Was my only viable thought to say.

Harry gaped down at me, "You're not weird! Don't say that. A lot of things make me severely anxious that wouldn't make you severely anxious. We're all allowed to have things that get us worked up more than normal. In this case, you know me. That I wouldn't do shit to risk this pretty fucking smile going anywhere."

I hummed, "Okay. I'm also excited," I truly was, and I would focus on that instead, "What are we buying again?" We both looked left and right before crossing the road, rushing across it to the other side.

"Just some snacks. Anything really. Whatever's your favourite, that's what we'll get." He said, squeezing my hand in his.

I let my thoughts run wild. It had been a long time since I'd really thought about what all my favourite snacks were. When Dee and I shopped now we tried to only get what was really necessary, with a little wiggle room to splurge on some snacks. Though some. Never all. We always had to take a vote on what would make it on the grocery list every week.

Hiking the strap of my bag over my shoulder— because the annoying thing kept sliding— I pondered some more on the thought. "Is this like, a picnic?"

"Mm," Harry hummed in thought too, "Not exactly. Could be, since we're getting random stuff and eating it. So maybe, yeah. But also, not quite."

I glared up at him, "That did not help at all. Like, in no way did that help."

Harry shrugged, "Tough luck, baby."

My brows furrowed as I darted my tongue out at him, his warm hand finding the small of my back as he turned us to the left and into the grocery store.

The bell above us chimed as we ventured inwards. We headed straight for the snack section, or where we knew it would most likely be. The faint sound of some kind of music played through the speakers, it was fuzzy and slightly unsettling when thought about too hard.

But before we knew it, there in front of us was exactly what we were looking for.

"Oh, salt and vinegar crisps!" I grabbed the bag and immediately placed it in the crook of my arm, eyes scanning over the shelves.