Chapter 84: Modern Day Life Graduation Trip Part Eighteen

A/N: More of the battle!!! Please enjoy!!!!

Subaru shouted, his finger pointing directly at Hihara through the sea of people that were all staring at him fixedly. "Ah, there you are, Natsuki. I was wondering where you'd got to." He said with a smirk. Iwasaki was once again sitting on her knees some distance away from Hihara, her eyes widened with fear and trembling. "NATSUKI SUBARU!!!" Everyone who was staring at him shouted in unison, their eyes round and not blinking. Without another word, they launched themselves at him, their faces looking dazed but their movements sharp.

Rem, Ram, and Emilia went past Subaru and started fending off them, and Subaru shouted over all the noises the people were making at Hihara. "I'm right here, Hihara!! Let the innocent people go!! You have no right to control them!!!" Subaru shouted. "Hihara Yuuto!! You want to avenge your fall against me, right??? I'm presenting myself to you!!! And we shall fight!!! Let this stop right now!!!" He continued to shout. Through the gaps between the crowd, Subaru saw Hihara taking a microphone.

"Well, you're not wrong. I do want to avenge my defeat. But that's gonna be way too boring if I just face you directly. Let these people have some fun too." He said through the mic, laughing. "You fucking monster...!!!" Subaru growled, his eyes finding more and more familiar faces among the people trying to force their way through. The members of the Student Association, the girls' classmates, Subaru's own classmates, Hinata, Aki, Haruka... "Subaru!!! I don't think pushing them back alone would hold them any longer!!! We need to use magic!!" Emilia's voice shouted over the uproar.

Knowing there was no other way, Subaru nodded. "But please try not to hurt them too much!" He shouted, and the three girls nodded back, and with shouts of 'Huma' and 'Fura', a considerable number of students was forced back, falling down on their backs. Beatrice, holding Subaru's hand, also created an invisible barrier, pushing back against the poor students. Soon, most of them were knocked out, leaving a few more sturdy ones standing. Aki, Haruka, and Hinata were among them. "I'm sorry, minna..." Subaru said quietly as they were finally drained of strength and fell to the floor.

Standing in the center of a circle of unconscious body were the five. Subaru, his back straight and his chest thrown out; Beatrice, holding Subaru's hand and looking at Hihara without much change in her expression, though something in her eyes suggested that she was angrier than she had been for quite some time; Emilia, to Subaru's left, had a fire burning in her eyes as well, a fire that was calm yet full of well controlled anger; Rem, to Subaru's right, and Ram, by Emilia's side, were glaring at Hihara, the former having her chin tucked in, preparing to strike at any moment, and the latter, standing with her nose held high with confidence and ready to despise her enemy with her capabilities.

Hihara, glaring right back at them, lost some of the casualness he was showing, not that he was scared. He was observing the girls, understanding at last why they were so special. No, perhaps not understanding, but confirming the suspicion he had always had after his defeat at the Yuki Matsuri. Subaru, reading the change in Hihara's expression, spoke loudly. "That's right, Hihara! We're no ordinary people! We possess special powers, just as you do!!!" Subaru shouted, taking a step forward, pointing at Hihara again.

"I shall make this round the one that proceeds!!!! No more failure!!! No more running away!!!! I will make this final!!! And you!!! Show us who you are, Hihara Yuuto!!!" Subaru shouted in the most intimidating voice he could muster. Hihara took a step forward as well, walking down the stage. "That attempt of intimidation might have work if your opponent was not me, Natsuki." He said, walking on the bodies of the unconscious people. "You ask who I am, you ask me to show my identity, I shall do that, but isn't it bad manners that one doesn't introduce themselves before they question others?" Hihara said, smirking. "Alright, you're not wrong. I will introduce myself." Subaru said with a nod. He took a deep breath. "I am Natsuki Subaru, the bridge between two worlds!!! Also the rising worker in the mansion of Roswaal L. Mathers!!! The hero who contributed to the triumph over the assaults of the White Whale and the Witch Cult!!! The faithful boyfriend of Rem!!! The superb partner of Bea-ko!!! The loyal knight of Emilia-tan!!!" Subaru shouted. "And the one and only roasting target of Ram!!!" He added after a few moments of thinking.