Volume 5: Let Us Begin

Toma Hisoka POV

Since there weren't many issues with practice, the days went by and it was now merely one week left before the sports festival. We were in the classroom, about to discuss our placements and entries. However, I should rewind a little. 

Flashback

Kushida was problem number one on my list. I had asked to meet her alone, and because of the conditions, she had no choice but to comply. She arrived at the isolated stairwell around two minutes earlier than our meeting time.

"Good, you're here." I said, looking at my phone.

"Is there a problem Toma-kun? I wasn't really doing anything-"

"But you were. You were planning to get in touch with Ryuuen, right?" 

At this, Kushida flinched. It was so obvious that she was going to ally herself with Ryuuen, because he's basically my arch-nemesis. Since Kushida wants me, Shizuko, Matsushita and Horikita gone, it's only natural she would work with our enemy. 

"I don't blame you for it, you resent us after all." I said to reassure her.

"Tch, then did you call me here just for that?"

"Of course not. I've come with a deal, and a witness so that you don't worm your way out of it."

I snapped my fingers, then a noise could be heard from the upper part of the stairwell.

Clack! Clack! Clack!

A petite looking girl with lilac hair appeared before us, shocking Kushida.

"You...! Since when are you affiliated with Sakayanagi-san!?"

"Fufu, you have a very sly classmate Kushida-san." Sakayanagi replied for me. 

"Let's cut to the chase. Sakayanagi is an outsider, one that I trust to a degree. She'll be the witness to this deal I've come up with."

I pulled out a written contract and showed it to her. While she was reading it, Sakayanagi couldn't help but start a conversation. 

"I must say, you plan things out very well. However, I expect to be compensated for this."

"Yes, as per our conditions, we triggered a clause in "Compensation". A hundred thousand private points, right?"

"Of course. I'm pleased to see that you understand our relationship clearly."

I transferred the hundred thousand points to her, then her phone rang, indicating that it arrived. 

"Much obliged. If Kushida-san doesn't adhere to the conditions of your contract with her, I'll expose everything to the school."

"Thank you, Sakayanagi."

I could see Kushida's grip on the contract tighten, causing Sakayanagi to giggle a bit. 

"Fine! I agree to these terms."

I threw a pen to her, to which she barely caught. She placed the paper on the wall then signed her name under mine and Sakayanagi's. She then shoved the pen and paper towards me then abruptly left the area, stomping loudly. She was clearly angry because she had no choice.

"I'm impressed that you managed to irritate a supposed angle such as her so much. Who knew there was actually a demon under that seemingly perfect mask." Sakayanagi commented. 

"Well, aren't you basically the same? You're a cute, seemingly loveable girl, who can be pitied from time to time because of your disability. However, deep down, you are a ruthless attacker, an incredible strategist, and a natural genius."