Chapter 22 | talking

It was definitely really late now. Almost midnight.

The boys sat under Adrien's blankets, all the glitter and makeup washed off and and rugged up in pyjamas. There was a lot to talk about, the night had been amazing, and the two were closer than ever. It felt like the right time to just spill all their inner thoughts to each other.

"Hey, remember when we were at the jobs fair and I was freaking out because I had no idea what I wanted to do?" Adrien said, absentmindedly gazing down at his mothers sapphire earrings he'd been gifted.

"Yeah, how could I forget, that was the day of the whole wishmaker thing" Luka replied.

"I was so confused and freaked out, because I'd realised I'd been blindly following my parents orders my whole life and never thought about my own dreams... but writing that song for you, it made me realise..."

Adrien put the earrings on his bedside table carefully, and picked up the book he'd been reading instead.

"I wanna write. Books, music, poems, anything that can convey a story, I want to create something and have people take away joy and life lessons from it" he explained.

"That's a good dream to have, without writers we'd know almost nothing about our own history. Through stories we can learn so much about all kinds of topics" Luka replied.

"I think once I started reading regularly again, and since writing the song it all kind of clicked. I don't care about modelling, I don't care about fencing, piano is fun but it's more of a cool skill
I have than a dream. I wanna make stories"

"You should, if your song was that good then I'm sure a book by you would be amazing"

He'd thought about starting a story in his spare time, although he wasn't sure what to write about yet. There were a few ideas bouncing around in his mind, but he didn't have a solid one yet.

"I'm still throwing ideas at the wall and seeing what sticks. When the inspiration hits me, I'll start writing everything I can get out of my brain down. And the more I read the more techniques I can pick up, so my little mission to read all the classics would benefit as well" Adrien rambled.

Luka wrapped an arm around him, Adrien resting his head on Lukas shoulder with a smile.

"You'll make great things Adrien, I know you will" he assured.

"Thank you, I know you're going to make great things too. Not just anyone has the skill to hand make instruments" Adrien replied.

"Maybe we can have a joint office one day where we make a total mess creating things"

"That sounds great, I'd work a lot better with you around I'm sure"

There was something about spending the night together that always felt different. Whenever Adrien snuck out as Cat Noir to see Luka, and right now with Luka in his bed next to him, it just felt... peaceful. The silence of the night, the dim lighting, the warm blankets. It all just felt so secure.

"By the way, how's the whole superhero thing going? It's been a while since I've joined a fight" Luka spoke up, the mentioning of wishmaker making him remember how long it's been.

"It's... going. I'll admit I'm still a little salty at ladybug for keeping so many secrets and not communicating properly. But since moving on from her, it hurts less. Although now that you mention it, the strangest thing happened a month or so ago" Adrien began.

"What's so strange?"

"We were patrolling as usual one night, and out of nowhere Mayua shows up. But she didn't attack or anything, she... begged us for help"