252: Interrogation & Lightning Country

Chapter 252: Interrogation & Lightning Country

Neji has been learning more spells from Kurai every day. So he learned a few soundproofing spells – since they were very useful for a person like him. Speaking of Kurai, she was doing her own searching, asking the animals of the world in search of the five girls.

In any case, after casting a few soundproofing spells around the room, to stop any sound from leaking outside it, and throwing Samui to the bed, he crawled over to the bed to sit on top of Samui.

He reached out his finger and tapped her neck softly but precisely. Her eyes stuttered before they sprung up. Immediately her hand moved on her own to strike Neji's eyes but they stopped midair, stopped by a telekinetic force.

She was a strong Ninja, but not strong enough.

[Samui — Low Tier 8]

"Uh..." Samui paused, quickly drawing back her hands as she recognised Neji. "Um, sorry, Lord Neji- it was instinct."

"Pretty good instinct for a 'civilian'." Neji looked at her blankly. "Don't you agree?"

"...Sir, I apologise for lying, but I was... actually a robber before I came here." Samui said, desperate to continue with her fake identity game. "That's why I reacted that way. I-I am perfectly clean now, I am going for a new life, please don't fire me."

As she spoke, her eyes looked past his shoulder and briefly scanned the room before looking at his blindfold again.

"Right you are, Samui," Neji decided he had enough of this game and decided to name-drop her actual identity. She had introduced herself as Samie, so she realised that her identity had been revealed right away. There wasn't a single moment's delay or hesitation before Samui's legs came from behind him and yanked him by the neck.

It yanked, but he didn't move.

"That's all? Disappointing." he said, shaking his head.

Samui groaned and swiped her fingers at his face, and though he tried to stop it with telekinesis she broke through it by using a pulse of chakra. Her nails, elongated to grow sharp, scratched his chin – which he didn't bother dodging – and shattered as it hit the draconic scales that formed on his face.

"Give up," he said, but she jumped to grab his head with her two arms. Neji had had enough, so before she could headbutt him, he grabbed her by the waist and forced her to turn around – pushing her face down on the bed and holding her arms above her back, her ass brushing against his crotch. "Done?"

"Ugh!" she resisted, trying to break out of his hold, but he wasn't just holding her with hands as his telekinesis also held her down so she had no way out. "...Cool, I am doomed."

She sighed and gave up resisting. Rather, she tried to strike up a conversation in the hope to distract him. "How did you realise it's me?"

"It's written all over your head," Neji said in truth but she took it as sarcasm and scoffed. "Also, you can not be doomed if you tell me your intentions and reasons for spying on me."

"Why do you think I did it, Boss Neji?" she said with her face buried, making her voice muffled. "You seem pretty smart to me, why don't you take a guess?"

"My eyes," he said. "Does the 4th Raikage want them?"

"..." she went silent for a second, and though she quickly acted naturally that much was enough for Neji to realise he was spot on. "Take another guess."

"You know what, I don't like this guessing game anymore. You are telling me what you are here for now or things become ugly," he channelled pain to her hands using [Touch of Nirvana], making her grumble in pain. "Am I clear, sweetheart?"