***notes***

Throughout malori staying at the demon tower as a general she has been finding posted notes everywhere she goes. At first she had assumed it was just conoleth or any of the other generals playing a joke on her so she never said anything. But now that she has found another on her bed with the words 'can i love you?' Malori has other ideas.

With this new information, who else to go to about her problems then the one and only demon queen?

When malori arrived in Queen Vels chambers she was filling out more contracts and files (she seems to be doing that a lot more recently). Vel had noticed her enter through her peripheral but didn't notice the note she slapped on her desk. She immediately started to panic.

Disregarding she files, vel turned to malori and looked up at her.
"Malori, i am so sorry-"

"What? Why would you be sorry? I was just saying i needed help finding out who this person is. I can't have anyone in the tower not knowing my heart already belongs to you." Malori ended her sentence by slightly leaning into vel and batting her eyelashes with a smile, before abruptly pulling away (much to vels dismay).

"So will you help me?" Malori said, both hands planted of either side of vels desk, carful to not disturb her files.

Even if Vel knew that this would be her downfall, her brain hadn't quick caught up to what she was agreeing to, and without a thought vel agreed with a slight nod.

***

The first half of the day was spent interviewing any pookas or maids that had been stationed on maloris floor, thankfully each of them noticed vels stern expression and shack of her head before they answered.

Before leaving vel always slipped a few demon credits into each demons hand as compensation for their lie.

Finally came interviewing the demon generals, which vel doubted they would be so easily convinced to lie.

First, of course, had to be Melathia who happened to be on their same floor at the time.

"Melathia, have you seen anyone enter maloris chambers?" Vel quickly asked before anyone said anything.

"Besides the maids, no, I haven't. "

"Ok, great." She did make an attempt to grab maloris arm and leave but of course malori was stubborn and wanted to ask more questions.

"What have you done today?" Malori asked with a slight eyebrow lift.

"I woke up, fought some adventures and wrote my book." Melathia shrugged.

"What kind of paper do you use?"

"The normal kind?"

Malori nodded along.

"Do you know anyone who uses thicker and finer paper?" Melathia paused for a moment before answering.

"The queen." Melathia smiled as vels ears turned red and she slithered away, leaving the two in silence.

Vel thought for sure she had been caught, but she seemed to overestimate maloris detective abilities. The girl was very dense.

"Vel," she looked down at malori. "Had anyone stolen your paper recently?" Maloris whole voice dripped with innocence, she genrally couldn't grasp her head around the fact that vel had been the one leaving notes in places for malori to find (it seemed like a good idea at the time).

Vels whole hand covered her eyes, too embarrassed to look malori in the eyes while saying it.

"No, malori, i wrote the notes."

Oh. OH. OH!

Malori stared down into her pocket, speechless, at where she had shoved the note inside, if she knew vel wrote it she would have treated it with so much more respect! She probably would have hung it up in her room, encased in glass or something.

Vels heart was beating way too fast. Was this normal? I mean it's not like she has just confessed her love to someone who has been in love with her for years and that she has rejected multiple times.

"Oh." Oh. Is that all malori has to say: oh.

It was all malori could say. Her brain has gone haywire and she hardly knows what to do. What should she do?

What if vel was just play one of her werid (but cute) jokes on her? Or what if this was actually true? Or what if she's dead?

"Ok, ok, ok, yep ok, totally. Cool, cool, cool, cool." Perhaps malori was repeating herself but she really didn't care anymore.

This was way too good to be true.

Have a wonderful day/night ;)