Diamond Sea

"Hm.."

You rolled onto your side, the faint light in the room made you slowly come to consciousness. Mochi hissed quietly in protest before moving to a different side of the bed.

You sat up on your elbows and grumbled, your hair messily strewn about; covering most of her face until you ran your hand through your hair to get it out of the way.

"What time is it.." you asked yourself before sitting up completely and rubbing your eyes. "Didn't mean to wake you up Mochi.." you whispered and gently pat the cats side before getting up.

The little window in the room was illuminating the room with a dim golden light that seemed to get darker by the moment. "Hm, must be pretty late.." you grumbled and scratched the back of your head.

"And where is that bastard..surely he hasn't been out all day" you stepped into the bathroom and brushed out your hair, then getting a change of clothes.

Mochi had gotten up while you were changing, likely wanting to tag along wherever you were heading. "Want to come with me?" You kneeled down and tilted your head, the tomcat making a satisfied noise hearing your question.

"Alright" you carefully picked him up then held him carefully like a baby, rubbing his belly as you left his room and office and headed out to the deck.

The sun was indeed beginning to set over the ocean, making it blindingly bright. "No wonder i woke up" you grumbled as you quickly hurried off the ship and into the city.

Mochi remained calm in your arms despite the people walking the street, people avoided you naturally as you were a masked figure, though kids seemed sad their parents wouldn't let them pet the cat in your hold.

And guess who you bumped into?

"Hey Comrad!"

You jumped and looked over your shoulder before your grumpy expression turned into a brighter one, though no one could see. "Hey!" He jogged over to you and quickly made an emphasis on your height by patting your head like a child.

"I might be holding a cat but i can still beat your ass" you hissed and swatted his hand away. "Aw, but- oh, hello kitty" he bent down a bit to pet the centent feline.

"Hes the ine from your letters right? Mochi?" He smiled as you nodded, "before i get into the topic of Zhongli and my sister and my cat, have you seen a certain short ball of hate walking around perhaps?".

Childe chuckled and crossed his arms, "i saw him by the-" he paused for a moment, "infront of the Faeyun commerce guild" he smiled and tilted his head slightly.

"Really now? Haven't i told you that when you lie you smile like that?" He sighed and rubbed his neck. "He'd have my head if i told you, since he told me not to" he chuckled.

"I promise it's not bad though!" He smiled, less suspicious this time though, "hm, i wonder whats he's planning" you muttered and scratched the back of your head with a huff.

"Man, anyway.." you shook it off and started to relay the events that occured in Fontain, from what happened with your 'sister' and what happened with the mission. You didn't go too much into detail but told him enough to understand how exactly you and your boss had finally come together.