Chapter 37: When You Wake Up

My only question is: what the hell did I do last night?

I woke up with a pounding headache, queasy stomach, and all my muscles ached. Not to mention how tired I felt. I rubbed my eyes and looked around: I was in my room. When did I get home? Last thing I remember I was dancing with Louis at the club. Sure, I had a few drinks, but not too many. Especially compared to everyone else. My room was pretty dark: all the curtains were covering the French doors and windows and all the lights were off. Interesting. I turned over and checked the time, 10:30. Woah, I slept in pretty late. But I've been pretty tired lately. I then looked down and saw I was still in my dress from last night, okay... I'm officially confused. I was trying to remember what happened when the door creaked open and a figure appeared in the doorway. It took my eyes a few seconds to adjust and realize who it was; luckily their voice helped me.

"Morning love, how are you feeling?" Louis' sweet voice came closer. I felt the bed sink at the end near my feet.

"Mmmmm..... crappy." I moaned, rubbing my forehead.

"Here take this. It should help." I looked up and saw him handing me a small white tablet and a glass of water. I gladly took them both and gulped down the pill along with a few sips of water. Finished, I sighed and fell back into bed. My headache was getting worse every second.

"I'm sorry, Love. You drank a lot, and you weren't used to it." he softly rubbed my back and I sighed again: why? Why would I drink?

"Might help to take a shower? Want to try that?" he asked. I slightly nodded my head and he got up. A few seconds later I heard the shower in my bathroom begin to run and then footsteps following back into the room.

"All set. Hope it helps." I sat up a little and smiled at him as he walked out of my room and closed the door quietly. I stumbled into the bathroom; my legs feeling like noodles. I stripped my dress and stepped into the warm shower. I helped sooth the joints, but that was really it. The pill had managed to stop the nausea, so now it was really just the headache and fatigue.

I stayed in the shower for about an hour until I decided it wouldn't do anymore good. I stepped out and wrapped a towel around my body, another around my hair. I sat down on my bed and checked my phone, which was mainly filled with texts from Claire asking how I was doing. I replied quickly telling her I was feeling a little better before Louis came back down.

"Did it do any good?" he asked, sitting next to me.

"Yeah, my joints don't really hurt. But I still have a massive headache." I complained, rubbing my forehead again.

"I'm glad it did something. And I'm sorry, but that's usually what happens when you get a hangover." he smiled softly at me and I groaned. It was nice that he was being so sweet, but I was just in a bad mood right now.

"Okay well, why don't you get dressed and you can join the boys and I downstairs. You're dad went to work and your mum is out running some errands. She should be back later, but she doesn't know about you getting drunk, so don't worry." I let out a sigh of relief. If my mom found out I had drank so much, I would be dead. I nodded my head and he stepped out of my room once again. Not wanting to try to hard to look nice today, I grabbed a pair of sweats and I tee shirt and slipped them on over my bra and underwear. Once my hair was almost completely dry, I went downstairs and found the five boys gathered on my large couch watching something on TV.

"Ashley, how are you feeling?" Niall shouted and I winced at his loudness. Liam caught him quickly and told him to be quiet and Niall got the message.

"I'm alright. Just have a bad headache, that's all." I sat down next to Louis on the couch.

"That's all! Wow, if I had as much to drink as you did, I would be a lot worse." Harry laughed and I stared at him in confusion.