38. {finding mason}

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

─── ∙ ~εïз~ ∙ ───

scott and liam were walking down the hallway, towards the boys' locker room, while they discussed what they were about to do about a missing mason.

"how stupid are we to be doing this?" liam asked his alpha.

"we're not stupid. we're desperate." scott justified.

"how desperate?"

scott stopped before opening the locker room door and sighed. "incredibly desperate."

the two walked into the room, where they found xan, dark moonee, theo and tracy waiting for them. theo looked smug at the fact that they'd been forced to come to him, tracy was annoyed by their presence, xan was smirking while dark moonee seemed tired.

she winced at the sight of a healthy and alive liam dunbar. "well... this is awkward."

the boy simply glared at her.

"i told you we'd end up on the same side." theo smirked.

liam smiled fakely at him, "how about i punch you in the balls to remind you we're not?"

theo let out a genuine laugh. "i love this kid." he exclaimed.

"i don't." tracy seethed.

"glad you have taste, trace." dark moonee rolled her eyes.

"we know you're not on our side, theo." scott told him. "you said you wanted to help lydia, but you left eichen with something else, didn't you?"

"you mean the mask?" theo challenged. "are you worried about that?"

"did you put it on?" scott asked, theo smiled in reply. "who did you see?"

"not mason." theo shrugged.

"what does that mean?" liam spoke up. "it's not him?"

"it probably means he's a lost cause." tracy taunted.

theo sighed. "we all want the same thing. we want mason back."

dark moonee looked disgusted. "we?"

"okay, but the difference is that we want him back alive." scott pointed out as he gave his sister a glum look.

"good point." xan nodded. "you see, we don't care about the boy... only the beast."

"well, we're open to compromise." theo stepped forward to the alpha. "you still got the map with the telluric currents on it?"

scott stayed silent.

"bring it to the operating theatre in two hours." theo ordered.

the two boys shared a look before striding out of the locker room. once they had exited, deucalion unfolded his cane and walked out of his hiding spot.