Chapter 22

I check the time to see that just 5 minutes are left for us after I am done answering the questions.

Some gurus have already left the hall some minutes ago.

It was hard for me, but I tried to answer all the questions even though I knew I did not get some right.

I hit the submit button after cross-checking my work and it instantly marked submitted. I get up, also making my way out of the hall.

Done and dusted! That is what we Nigerian students do say after writing a test or an examination.

It's a one-hour test and by the time I come out, the warm sunshine has fully brightened the day and it feels so good.

Approaching my car, Scott's call comes in.

"Hey dude," I say as I pick up.

"Hey, how was it?"

"Not bad,"

"Great! Uhm, where are you right now?"

"Almost at the department car park,"

"I'm also close to there... Oh! I have seen you," He says and hangs up.

I look around to see him coming behind me and I stand still waiting for him to catch up. Seeing him in a formal blazer shows we have a lecture this morning.

Thank goodness I am also dressed in a black shirt and olive pants.

Still not that formal but better than being dressed in joggers or sweatpants with a casual t-shirt. I wouldn't make it to the class with that.

"Hey bro," Scott greets and he shakes hands with me.

"Hey," I say. "We have class right?"

"Sure, by 10:30,"

We still have some time left then.

"We should go get something, I'm starving," I suggest.

"Sure, I haven't had my breakfast either," He agrees and we start heading to our faculty cafeteria which is not far away from here.

"You told me the test is starting at 8 when it is 8:30," I break the silence.

"Yeah, I know that,"

His response makes me sneer at him.

"Are you for real?" I react.

"Come on! We know how you always come late to morning exams," He justifies. "I don't want you to fail this course again,"

Scott is just godsent to me since day one in my college. I owe him a lot even though he does annoy me sometimes with his mockery words.

"You won't believe you and Karen are my real g today," I burst out in excitement and Scott furrows his brows in confusion.

"What?" I shrug.

"Karen?" He asks, searching my eyes for an answer.

Oh shit! Did I mention Karen? I wonder.

"You misheard me," I manage to say, rolling my eyes.

"No, you said we are your g," Scott argues and bursts out laughing. I have no idea how her name came out of my mouth.

"Something is definitely fishy," He adds in his sing-song tone.

"Nothing is fishy okay? I just went to her neighborhood and we somehow get along," I explain.

"You might like her, you know," He says and I chuckle a little.

"It should be the other way round, dude, and she is already falling for me," I reply and he raises his brows in shock.