Chapter 2: Prologue (2)

Enrique had seen many things in life that weren't anything short of "miracles". But this, it would take the highest place in that list.

He wasn't dead, and was rather in a golden cloudy horizon that looked like the average description of 'heaven'. Not only that, he was healed of all his injuries in a process that he could only describe as 'somehow'.

Something supernatural just happened.

Unless this was a hallucination, or something the human brain fabricated for everyone who's about to die, he had been 'summoned' by someone. Though this could also just be the afterlife since the person he was facing looked just like, and introduced herself, as an Egyptian Deity. But he doubted that possibility since he never worshipped any God, let alone Egyptian ones, and she also said something about becoming her Avatar.

Enrique was nervous about this situation, but he wasn't scared. Afterlife, or another reality, whatever it was- it was an opportunity. A chance to live. However, his businessman senses judged this chance as not a Godsent. This woman in front of him wanted something in return for saving him.

"Avatar?" He asked, slowly standing up and dusting off his suit. It was still bloody and cut in many places, though his wounds were healed entirely. A chair materialised behind him, and another in front of him, with a table separating the two. He took his seat, and the Goddess also did opposite him, though her 'chair' was more of a throne.

She was trying to symbolise their position here.

"Let us do it in this manner since you are dressed in a suit." The deity said, at him. "An Avatar, in essence, is a mortal who carries the will of a God or Goddess. They're the direct servant of the God they serve, and in response, the Gods lend them various powers."

"Ah, I see. But first, about your identity..." Enrique enquired, looking at her. "You really are Mut?"

"Yes. Do you know about me?" The woman asked in casual curiosity.

"I think I just do." He replied. "Egyptian Sky Goddess, Mut. Mother Goddess, Mut. Amun-Ra's wife, Mut. Your appearance also matches your description I once read on the internet."

Wearing a (quite revealing) white cheongsam decorated with shining gold, cut on both sides of her thighs to reveal her chokolate legs, the Goddess had flowing platinum hair that contrasted with her dark olive skin. An elongated golden crown floated over her head and she had four wings, two smaller than the others, erupting from her back. She really did fit the description of Mut. He could tell.
[Image Here]

Because despite not being religious, Enrique Nova held a bit of knowledge about many religions, though mostly the basics

Because despite not being religious, Enrique Nova held a bit of knowledge about many religions, though mostly the basics. Out of the very few things that he enjoyed, these fictional stories entertained him quite a bit. So besides the movies, comics, and animes he had spent his time researching from a young age, mythologies also held a part in his heart.