♡♡♡

--------X--------

"Let me know if the real you ever comes back."

I really don't want to be making yet another story note about this, but after the reactions quite a few of you had to the last chapter it feels necessary to make.

After yesterdays chapter a lot of you IMMEDIATELY turned on Eddie and I want to make it very clear, This story is not meant to be idealistic, rosy and happy  all the time, the story is meant to be as close to realism as I can possibly get, which means Eddie will not be perfect all the time. It bothers me a lot to see people immediately turn on his character whenever he shows emotions outside of being a doting best friend/ love interest. It makes it seem like you guys only like him when it’s sunshine and butterflies, but as I've stated several times before, I'm trying to make this realistic.

That means y/n will have flaws, and Eddie will have flaws, and they will make mistakes and say the wrong things or Handle things badly from time to time. Eddie WAS wrong in this chapter for how he reacted, and Y/N was too.
They both said hurtful things, and while Eddie was the more harsh of the two you guys seem to be neglecting the fact that he just going out, that the person he is in love with, and has been best friends with since childhood is abusing drugs, and contemplated suicide. Think about that, let that sit, and tell me that if faced with a similar scenario you wouldn't potentially flip out even a little bit? I sure know I would.
Was it the smart reaction to that information?? Absolutely not, it was a heated, purely emotional reaction because what he found out was so jarring and terrifying it all came out unfiltered. This fight between the two of them was never based in logic, it was based in emotion and fear

And a lack of careful thought=hurt feelings, everyone acts irrationally and on emotion from time to time, you're lying to yourself if you think you haven’t . And on that note the comments saying “Isn't he a drug dealer who is he to talk.
Yes, he is, and that's exactly why he's lecturing her about her drug use. She's taking whatever she finds hoping it'll do something for her anxiety and inability to sleep, which means she isn't being careful  about what she's taking. She's desperate enough to try anything and that is WHY he gets mad that she didn't come to him for help, especially with the drugs given she knows he deals, and knows what he's doing.
He's mad she decided to go about it carelessly. He's not judging the fact that she's taking drugs it's how careless and unsafe she's been about what she takes and how much.

You guys need to get it through your head that Eddie is just as complex a character as y/n is written to be. He is flawed, and he is allowed to mess up, and be insecure and anxious and he is also allowed to have more depth and emotion than just being sweet all the time.