iii.

( chapter ) three

( chapter )
three

JULIET DAWSON PLACED HER BOTTOM lip between her teeth as she looked up the Gryffindor table and at Professor McGonagall, who was slowly making her way down all the new N.E.W.T. students and making sure that they got the O.W.L. results that they required for their desired classes.

She was absolutely shitting herself as she watched her Head of House slowly getting closer to where she was sat — the bowl of cereal in front of her had sat there so long that it was now just a milky mush.

Juliet hadn't done terribly, she had just about passed all of the subjects that she had taken but that didn't mean that she had done well enough to get into any of the N.E.W.T. course that she wanted to. She had never been the most academic student; even when she was in Primary School she favoured the subjects where she didn't have to sit and copy from a text book — such as physical education and playtime — and her being at Hogwarts didn't change that.

She wanted nothing more than to be a professional Quidditch player one day (it was her dream to play for the Holyhead Harpies and she would do everything to try and make that dream come true) but because of this she didn't really any N.E.W.T. qualifications, so she only picked the subjects that she really enjoyed to take.

However, those four subjects (potions, defence against the dark arts, transfiguration and care of magical creatures) all required at least an Exceeds Expectations to continue taking them — which is where Juliet found herself in a bit of a predicament.

She hasn't received above an Acceptable in any of her O.W.L.'s. Juliet had been a good student all through school (other than getting a detention every other day and normally handing her homework in late or not at all) but her sixth year was just a hard year for her for several reasons.

Juliet caught Dumbledore's eyes and the Headmaster sent her a smile and a short wave. She looked around to make sure it was her that he was looking at, before hesitatingly reciprocating the wave and looking away.

"You look constipated." Marlene said through a mouthful of cornflakes. She then went on to choke on those cornflakes and Alice had to pat her back until she had stopped coughing.

"The opposite of constipated really," Juliet replied as she looked up the table to once again check where McGonagall was. "I feel a turtle head and I swear to Merlin I'm about to shit myself."

Lily looked at the piece of toast in her hands, it was covered in chocolate spread. She grimaced and dropped the toast onto her place, before wiping her hands on her napkin.

"I've lost my appetite." She commented while pushing the plate away and instead taking a big gulp of water.

"You have?" Marlene asked in delight, she was eyeing Lily's discarded toast with a look of longing. "Can I have it?"