Ch. 7

Mephiles supremacy tbh---
That's it, that's the message.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You were happy.

Your smile, for once, was genuine as you served customers, and even some you knew of as rude were... less so.

Your very aura was bright, and it was as if they didn't have the heart to tear you down, so behaved.

It was great!

You didn't think much of it when you served yet another customer, though you did note when he returned your smile.

Most ignored you.

He seated himself nearby, and with that, he was basically out of your world.

Even more so when Mephiles entered, your world immediately revolving around him.

He ordered a simple black tea, handed you a massive tip as per usual, and sat himself near the guy you'd served earlier.

Break time eventually arrived, and you headed into the back to eat your lunch, texting Mephiles as you did.

You really did feel like you were on cloud nine and that nothing could bring you down.

All thanks to him...

You returned home later that day, initially in great spirits, though you worried about what your dad would say.

Your smile gradually faded, and you entered the house, unsurprised to find it devoid of life.

Right... he was working.

Today was a work day.

Breathing a sigh of relief, you quickly went to your room, smiling when you saw all the bags of clothes and various other things still there.

So your dad hadn't tried to return them...

Good.

'What should I wear tomorrow?' you texted Mephiles, a blushing emoji next to your question.

'Anything you want!' you continued, before receiving a reply.

'Something pink. If I recall correctly, we bought a pink top with frills. Wear that with the shoes you had today, and a black skirt. The rest is up to you, my dear' you quickly began digging through the bags, searching for the asked for outfit, and placed them on the bed as you found them, before sending Mephiles a picture.

'These?' you asked, wanting to confirm with him that it was correct.

'Yes. I can't wait to see you, my dear' you giggled to yourself, and put the clothes away on your dresser, ready to be worn tomorrow.

Your dad returned home as you cooked dinner, though said nothing.

He was probably still disappointed...

Whatever.

You were happy, and that's what mattered.

You served a plate of food for him and placed it on the dinner table, watching as he stood up from the couch, sat himself at the table, and quietly began eating.

It took a few seconds, but eventually he spoke.

"I hope you've made the right decision, Y/N, and are planning to give back the clothes." Silent for a second, you eventually replied.

"I'm not." Maybe you should eat in your room...

"Y/N." He said firmly, something which you despised.

"Wh-what." You stuttered, glancing away.