038

Charlie and wilbur were both up, wilbur had gotten charlie ready and given her breakfast, now they were just sat, chilling on the sofa watching some cartoons.

It was just a waiting game for wilbur, 6am now and he wouldn't be getting told the results until around five pm when they would be going back to court.

Until then he would be spending as much time as possible with the little girl, "so charlie, what would you like to do" he asked the girl, she was snuggled close to his side, while he brushed through her hair with his hand.

"Sleep" she muttered, he chuckled slightly, he had woken her up unusually early so he could spend more time with her.

He tried to have hope but in the back of his mind he knew what was going to happen and he didn't want to waste any of his last moments with Charlie.

"yeah go on then darling, get some extra sleep" he mumbled, looking down at the girl, who admittedly was almost aslep, wilbur was dsiheartened but he always had after her nap to spend quality time with his little girl.

Wilbur didn't do anything whilst Charlie slept, he wouldn't want to disturb her peace, that and he was too busy worrying, hours passed and she still hadn't woken up.

He couldn't help but think he had wasted his time with her, he hadn't done enough with her, he wanted more, he wanted to do all the things he hadn't done.

He wanted to teach her how to read, and how to ride a bicycle, he wanted to be there for her fourth birthday, and her fifth, then her tenth, and her sixteenth, and her eiteenth, he wanted to be there for her life but he couldn't, he knew he had lost, it was obvious, John had a real job, and he had gotten medical help and it was obvious to anyone that the judge had favoured him and Martha.

Wilbur wanted to hate him, and for a whike he did, he hated him for what he did for Charlie, but in those times he had no context, John didn't want to do those things, he was grieving and depressed and he took his anger out on Charlie, later to find out he was bipolar, wilbur couldn't forgive him for what he had done, but he seemed like a good person now, wilbur hoped that he'd give Charlie a good life, that he would take care of her sufficiently.

It was four when Charlie finally woke up, she must have been tired.

"Come on Charlie, we gotta go" wilbur said glumly holding onto her hand.

"Why daddy?"

"We're gonna go back to court, you get to see Andrew again" he told her, he couldnt bring himself to tell her the truth, she would find out soon, but he couldn't tell her that he was breaking his promise, he might cry.

"Okay" Charlie said, smiling up at him as she followed him out of the house.

It didn't take long to get to court, charlie smiled and ran up to Andrew with a smile, hugging onto one of his legs, he smiled slightly, he knew what was to come and he had already accepted it, but he was worried for wilbur and charlie.

"come on squirt, time to go back into that massive room, you remember?" andrew questioned leading them both into the courtroom where john already sat with martha, who was smirking, her hair slightly messier than usual, and apparently the judge and martha now shared the same lipstick.

the judge waisted no time in starting, but for a while he just spoke about random things to do with the case, after another twenty minutes of that but, it was finally time, the time to find out the custody results.

Both wilbur and John were nervous, they both felt like they would be the better father to charlie, and both of them had their doubts, but no matter the results, they just wanted charlie to be happy, they just wanted what's best for her.

"I've come to my decision, it has been very hard to decide but it's in the child's best interest" the judge began, but nobody really believed him, the smirk on his face contradicted his words.

"Bullshit" Andrew muttered under his breath with a deep sigh, awaiting the judges answer.

"Charlotte Adam's will be returning back to Mr adams care, Mr gold you can say goodbye and promise you will not try to see her or speak to her" the judge stated, wilbur knew it was going to happen but it felt so real, he honestly felt like crying.

He couldn't imagine living his life without charlie, what was he going to do, he'd feel so lonely without her.

Wilbur subconsciously pulled charlei closer to him, maybe his brain was telling him to keep her close to him.

Maybe he should kidnap her and take her away, move to America, but that wouldn't be good for either of them.

Charlie looked up at wilbur, andrew had told her what was going to happen as she didn't completely understand.

"Y-you p-promised" she stuttered, looking up at him as tears welled in her eyes.

"I-i know charlie but its not up to me okay?" Wilbur replied, a single tear falling down his cheek.

"No, y-you can't leave me, y-you p-promised me"

"I'm so sorry charlie"

"Okay me hold, your time with Charlotte is up, you have to let her go now" one of the guards informed him monotonously, but neither charlie nor wilbur moved.

"Come on charlotte" the guard said, having already got irritated with them.

"G-go on Charlie, you have to leave now" wilbur told the girl, his voice cracking as he did, letting go of her so she could leave.

"NO, PLEASE... I'm sorry, I'll b-be better, p-please don't leave m-me"

"Come on kid" the guard muttered, grabbing onto her hand.

"Y-you promised me" she cried loudly as she got dragged away.

"I know, I'm sorry charlie" wikbur whispered to himself as he stared down at his lap, he didn't want to see Charlie as she kicked and screamed to be let go.

He didn't want that to be their last goodbye.

[Read my new dreams daughter book :)]