𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍 ♛ 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐋'𝐒 𝐀𝐃𝐕𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐄

────────────

────────────

SEVEN;
HELL'S ADVOCATE

────────────

AFTER THE DRAGONS safely make it into the cave, Rhaenyra and I head back to the Red Keep. The soldiers on both ends are still fighting at the shore nearest the village. The sound of yelling and swords clacking ring in the air as we march back up the steps to the keep. The cut on my shoulder had been tended and bandaged by the medics.

Rhaenyra and I make our way to the council room. We burst through the doors. Viserys is the only one inside. He stands with his back to us, facing the window which overlooks the sea of ships. His hands are folded behind his back.

"I fear for my life in these coming hours." Viserys says. I look around the room. It's then that a notice a woman standing in the shadows. She has curled brown hair and deer-like eyes. She wears a beltless blue dress. She must be pregnant. Women usually wear belted dresses unless they are pregnant, to keep the baby unconstricted.

"Father, why is Alicent in here? She is not a member of the small council?" Rhaenyra questions from beside me. He turns and faces us. His face looks drained of all life. He looks from me to Rhaenyra.

"Alicent is pregnant with my child. She is in here because this is a safe room. She cannot fight with child, so she will be guarded in here." Rhaenyra takes a deep breath. I look to my father, confused. He has yet to marry Alicent, but he has bed her already? In that case he must truly fear for the sake of his line. The poor woman looks so young. I cannot imagine myself with a child at this age.

"Pregnant?" Rhaenyra chokes back. Viserys nods. Alicent dips her head. The two of them were friends before our father announced their engagement, Rhaenyra told me of their friendship. She had said that she cannot even look at Alicent now without feeling anger. She realizes her father must remarry, but why to her dearest friend?

"I would like the two of you to stay in here with Alicent. It would bring me peace, knowing her to be so heavily guarded." Viserys states in an easy voice. I look to Rhaenyra. She is staring straight into the eyes of our father, a challenge.

"No. I will not stay in here. I am going to go out on the back of Syrax and fight. I will not cower in here with your future wife." Her words are like the end of a sword, sharp and painful. Viserys looks displeased by this, but everyone in the room knows there is nothing he can say or do for her to stay put.