Flooding

"What are we Dream?"

That wasn't what I was expecting.

My mouth parts silently. George watches me patiently.

"I-I don't... what do you want us to be? I know we're friends, we are always friends first but..." I watch George carefully. "After the kissing... and the talks we've had, it could, ya know, be more."

George nods his head thoughtfully. "But what do you think?"

"A-about being more?"

George nods.

I shift my kneeling position and suddenly feel warm. I look down and notice an inch of water on my carpeted floor. I look back up at George in shock.

"Why is my house flooded?"

We are both on our feet in seconds and I quickly turn to find the source of the water. I see it trickling in from under the bathroom door and trudge over there to pull the door open. Every single tap is flowing with water; the sink is overflowing and the bathtub is on the verge of the same. George follows after me.

"What the-" he says, quickly turning the sink off. I rush to the bathtub and pull the plug quickly. The shower head splutters on and sprays into the tub, splashing me. I shake the water off my arm and look over at George.

He looks shocked and points at my arm. "Why did you do that?"

My face drops. "Oh you're joking. I didn't even think about it." I look down at myself. "I'm already soaking."

"You're not going to change right now are you?"

I focus on my body. Usually I get a tingling sensation in my legs, but I don't feel anything.

"I don't think so."

George breathes a frustrated sigh. "Why does nothing about this make sense?" He angrily tries to turn off the sink, to no avail. 

"Did you do this?" I ask him.

He looks at me incredulously. "What? Flood the bathroom? Are you serious?"

"Well I don't know," I shrug. "When you were yelling earlier, maybe you caused the water to turn on? I mean, our powers are getting stronger."

George rolls his eyes. "You've got to be joking."

The bathtub drains loudly. I move to the sink as George struggles with it. He is turning the knob on and off, but nothing is changing.

I gasp, "I've got it!" 

George looks over at me exasperated.

"If you can turn it on with your mind, you can turn it off the same way right?" 

"What? Are you crazy? I didn't even turn it on in the first place, well at least not consciously. How am I meant to turn it off?"

I grab his arm. "We will do it together."

George turns his body to face me, giving up on the sink.

"Just close your eyes and focus on stopping the water."

George scoffs. "You're serious?"

"Just try it!"

We both close our eyes. I listen to the draining bathtub, the sound of the shower splashing into water, the sink running. My body feels immersed in the water, the feeling of my soaking socks on the wet floor, George's arm in my hand. He grips my wrist suddenly and my stomach jerks.

Everything goes quiet. 

I slowly open my eyes. We look around the bathroom. The floor is completely dry and there is absolutely no evidence of there ever being a flood in my room. George looks shocked.

"How did we do that?" he mutters incredulously. 

My lips part silently. "I don't know."

***

The morning of day three, since the Seer's prophecy, is an unusual one. I find myself not wanting to do anything. My energy is completely gone. The only reason I get out of bed is because my mom throws a shoe at my head and tells me George is at the door. 

It was Saturday.

I groan and make my way to the front door in my pajamas. George is standing in the living room, his foot tapping nervously.

"George?" 

He quickly looks over at me. 

"Dream," he breathes. He quickly strides up to me and drags me up the stairs to my room. He closes the door and pushes my back against it, quickly letting go of my arm. 

"I couldn't sleep last night," he says. 

I give him a confused look and step away from the door. "Okay? Why?"

"I've just... uhm. I've been thinking about what Wilbur said, about the bonding thing ya know? I think, I think we..." George's face goes pale and he stumbles backwards.

I step forward, grabbing him before he collapses. "George? What?"

He coughs violently, like he is trying to cough up his lungs. I pull him to my chest and let him cough. He covers his mouth as his chest jerks roughly. 

"Do you need some water?" I ask, holding his shoulders tightly. 

He nods his head, face going red.

I spot a glass of water on my nightstand and reach for it. I pull it to his lips, he takes a long drink and breathes out heavily. 

"You okay?" My voice shakes with anxiety, chest slightly hurting.

George takes another deep breath. "I thought I was going to die."

"What was that all about?"

George moves to stand in front of me, clutching his knees to catch his breath. "I don't know. I just couldn't breathe for a minute."

"You scared me," I admit.

George straightens and drinks the rest of the water. I look at him for a minute. He looks so amazing this morning, like he had the best sleep of his life. Me on the other hand, I look like a walking corpse that got run over by a truck and dragged behind it for a couple miles. 

"You look horrible," George says, as if reading my thoughts.

I shake my head. "Thanks for noticing."

He chuckles.

I clear my throat. "What were you saying earlier?"

George gazes at me. "What- oh. It's... nothing. Don't worry about it. I was just thinking about last night I guess. But you look awful really. What happened to you?"

I scoff. "Okay I get it. I look awful. You literally woke me up early on a Saturday. Who wouldn't look this bad? Give me a minute to shower would you?"

I pull my closet door open as George chuckles lightly.

"Fine, be quick," he says as I step into my bathroom.

I take the fastest shower I have ever taken in my life and barely dry my hair before stepping back into my bedroom. George was on the floor flipping through his notebook, but he looks up as I enter. 

I move to sit next to him and he shifts so I can. 

"What are we doing today?" I ask.

George sighs and turns another page in his notebook. "I honestly don't know. The fact that we have to fulfill a prophecy by the end of the day really worries me. I think we need to visit Sapnap and Karl. We haven't even told them about our encounter with Wilbur." He looks over at me and I realize we are shoulder to shoulder. "And with everything that happened yesterday..."

I blink. "Right... yesterday."

We sit in silence for a while, just thinking. 

Ayo, another chapter down. Can't wait for the next one. See you next week!

1169 words