Chapter 35

Lucy POV

“You did great, Sunshine.” Noah said as he placed the cup of tea in front of me.

“You think so?” I asked nervously.

“Of course.” Noah smiled. “Riley loved you.”

I smiled back at him and sipped my tea carefully.

Noah gave Theo his cup before sitting down opposite us.

“Thank you for taking me outside.” I said to my brothers. “I had a wonderful time.”

“As soon as the fucker is gone, we will take you anywhere you want.” Theo said, smiling at me.

I gave him a small smile, but my stomach twisted in fear. Is he really after me? Is there a way for him to take me? God, I hope not. Now that I know how beautiful life can be, I don’t think I could survive another day with him.

“He is not taking you away from us.” Noah said, reaching over the counter and taking my hand in his.

How did he know what I was thinking? Am I that obvious or is it like a triplet thing?

Before I could ask him, Ezra walked into the kitchen. He smiled at us and walked over to me.

“Hey, honey.” he said as he placed a kiss on the top of my head. “Did you have fun?”

“I did.” I smiled. “Riley is great.”

“She is.” Ezra nodded. “Did she teach you something she shouldn’t have?”

“No, but she told me a lot of interesting stories about Theo and Noah.” I said with a huge grin on my face.

Theo and Noah rolled their eyes, and Ezra laughed.

“She exaggerated a bunch of stuff.” Theo said.

“So you didn’t jump off of a roof?” I asked, crossing my arms over my chest.

“He did.” Ezra nodded. “He gave us all a heart attack.”

Theo sighed. “It was a dare.”

“If you ever do something like that again, I will smack the life out of you.” I said, pointing a finger at him and trying to be intimidating.

By the look on my brothers’ faces, I wasn’t doing a very good job.

“You are cute when you are trying to be scary.” Noah chuckled.

I glared at him. “Why didn’t you stop him?”

“I wasn’t close.” Noah sighed. “Do you really think I would let him do that? My heart almost gave out when I saw him fall.”

I turned to Theo, giving him another angry glare. “Never again.”

“Sure.” he smiled and pulled me closer to him.

I leaned my head on his shoulder, and Noah smiled at me.

I heard footsteps walking toward the kitchen. I turned around to see Liam enter.

“Hi, love.” he smiled at me, walking to the cupboard and making himself a cup of tea.

“We need to talk to you, Lucy.” Ezra said, sitting down on the counter next to Noah.

My heartbeat quickened. Did I do something wrong?

Theo wrapped his arm around my waist, and I relaxed immediately.

“Do you remember anyone else from your childhood, Lucy?” Liam asked, turning around.

Theo tensed up and looked at Noah.