Extra Chapter: A Toast To...

"You know, if you keep this up, you're not going to get far-" 

"You know, if you keep talking, you might just end up sleeping on the couch tonight." 

Seven and Nicolas sat next to each other, playing a fighting game. Nicolas had won 5 games already while Seven had 4. Nicolas's arms wrapped around Seven's shoulder who focused on the game in front of them. 

"Seven, can you lose already? We kind of need your help setting things up for the party," Sam said, placing a bag of chips on the kitchen counter. Marcel sat on a stool by the bar, setting his car keys near a vase that Sandra Venn gifted Nick, "Let them be. They've both worked a whole week without breaks." 

"Yeah, Sammy! We're both so drained out~" Nicolas taunted, placing his head on Seven's shoulder. 

Sam tsked before hearing Emilee kick the front door, carrying 3 bags in both her arms, "Can... someone help!" 

Marcel and Sam's attention were put on the blonde girl, rushing to her and taking the bags off her arms gently. 

"Gah! No way!" Seven shouted, seeing the 'Player 2: Defeated' label on the screen. Nicolas chuckled lightly but grunted out of pain after Seven threw the controller onto Nick's thigh, "Yeah, you laugh all you want, Nick. We'll see where you sleep tonight." 

Seven stood up, seeing Emiliee walk towards him with a smile on her face, "How are you feeling?" he asked, giving his friend a gentle hug. 

Emilee kept her smile, and her gaze went to Nick who sat on the couch, and waved at him, "I'm better. Isn't that what we're celebrating after all?"

The two friends let go of each other and Seven tilted his head, "Yeah, but I didn't see you for a week because of work. Are you still keeping to your promise?" 

Emilee crossed her arms, rolling her eyes, "Yeah, yeah. I took the medication today, too, alright?" she turned around, walking towards her brother who was setting up the food on the counter, "You can thank Sam for that, too." 

"Uh- and me? Right? I mean-" Marcel spoke, before being interrupted by Sam, "Marcel and I have been keeping her on her medication. The doctor said she was doing fine and was getting healthier to be able to move around on her own."

Seven walked towards the counter, sitting on a stool next to Marcel who ate chips from the party bag, "That's good... so... are we celebrating that she can finally ride her bike without crashing into people, or are we celebrating that she's taking her meds?" he joked. 

Emilee tossed a chip to Seven's face, making him flinch while chuckling a bit at his joke. 

Nicolas wrapped his arms from behind Seven, leaning onto his shoulder, "I think we're celebrating the little gaming skill you developed this past week-" 

"Oh, shut up! I think we're celebrating that you can finally make your own coffee without asking your assistant!" Seven responded, giving Nick's hand a soft slap. 

Sam placed 5 plastic cups on the counter, chuckling lightly at the comments being thrown around.  A liter of 3 carbonated drinks was set in a row beside the cups, as well as the seafood platter that Nick ordered for the party.

The house was chilly, but it was comfortable with the wooden tiles matching the fireplace that was placed under the television that had the starting screen of the game. Nicolas and Seven had a busy week, focused on arranging events for the WebBaze company hour after hour. The two, of course, could see each other for most of the day, but both also never had the chance to catch a break with their friends. It was the weekend, and Nicolas decided to host a mini party for Emilee and her improving health, as well as for his fiance who could take this time to relax and be around the people he cared for. 

Nicolas moved back, letting go of Seven as he talked to his two friends. Marcel stared at him, giving him a grin. Nick inhaled deeply, the tension on his shoulders loosening up, and a smile formed on his face. 

Sam poured the respective drinks for his friends into their cups, and while finishing with Marcel's cup, the lawyer quickly took the drink and put it in the air, "A toast!" 

Emilee grabbed her cup, looking at the clear drink sizzle in her cup, "What are we toasting to?" 

Marcel kept a grin on his face, staring at Emilee, then at Sam, who put his metal straw into his cup carefully. His eyes went to Seven who was hugged from behind again by Nicolas, bringing both their cups to them. 

"A toast to..." Marcel repeated again, thinking. There were so many things to toast to. To celebrate. His brown eyes went to his cup as he thought about what exactly he wanted to celebrate, but his thought process was disrupted by Sam's voice.

"Don't be so formal now, Marcey," Sam teased, putting his cup up, "We know how emotional you get when it comes to your friend's developments..."

Seven and Nick raised their cups, smiling. Emilee followed. 

"A toast to the people that we care for," Sam looked at Emilee, smiling, then turned to Marcel, "-and to the people that we love." 

Nicolas kissed the top of Seven's head and rested his chin on his brown hair.

Together, they all shouted 'cheers' and enjoyed an evening with each other. 

Author's note: This is a gift to all my followers, a chapter that hopefully fills in questions that they had. It is my 21st birthday, so writing this short chapter as a celebration of how far this story has come was an honor. :-) I'm currently writing another romance bl story. Stay tuned, and thank you for reading.