𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓 ♛ 𝐋𝐈𝐎𝐍'𝐒 𝐅𝐀𝐍𝐆𝐒

────────────

────────────

EIGHT;
LION'S FANGS

────────────

DAEMON AND HIS men retreat back to Dragonstone in order to renew their resources and rebuild what they have lost. The time they spend away from Red Keep is time for us to rebuild. We have been rebuilding not only the walls of the city, but also the walls around our hearts.

          I had to be the one to explain to Rhaenyra and Alicent what had happened. Shock. Denial. Revenge. It was difficult for either of them to understand what I was telling them. It was difficult for I too to understand the words coming out of my mouth. I still hadn't accepted that my father died cold in my hands. The picture of Daemon's blade still clings so fresh in my mind.

          In the weeks that follow the death of Viserys and only the beginning of Daemon's battle hunger, Rhaenyra has since taken her place upon the Iron Throne. Between the worries of war and death, the people haven't had much time to question her place on the throne or try and knock her off of it. Everyone is too worried for themselves, for their own lives, to worry about hers.

         Alicent spends most days locked behind doors with the nurses. The baby growing inside of her belly could rejoin the realm once again or crumble it entirely. The fate of everything relies on that child. She is perhaps protected the most at all times. There are even guards in her room whilst she sleeps. I cannot imagine that enjoyable, but she will do whatever it takes to make sure the baby is safe.

          The death of our father is something Rhaenyra still hasn't fully digested. Not long ago, it was her mother who died. Just weeks ago, she mumbled the command to Syrax who lit his lifeless body on fire.

          Rhaenyra hasn't had a waking moment to even enjoy her position in the wake of her fathers death. She is now the queen- she just make all of the rules and decisions. And for someone so young, only seventeen, I think she has done a fascinatingly well job. Though, the members of the small council do not think the same.

          Otto Hightower, of House Hightower, seems to constantly have the most to say about her position, about what she is doing wrong instead of all the things she is doing right. I can see the jealousy in his eyes, the anger. Rhaenyra tries her best to ignore it, but I can see it beginning to get under her skin.

          The members of the small council are seated around the table, I am now one of them. Rhaenyra thought it best she also has my insight during these meetings. I couldn't agree more.