𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐄 ♛ 𝐅𝐔𝐑𝐘'𝐒 𝐖𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐇

────────────

────────────

NINE;
FURY'S WRATH

────────────

PERHAPS IT WAS the rage inside of me that got me from Casterly Rock to The Red Keep in two days instead of three. Perhaps it was the different route that I took— perhaps it was both.

Rhaenyra drops to her knees when I tell her the news. The rest of the small council surrounding as falls silent. A queen, beaten to her knees, what a sight to behold. There are no words I can say to calm her, no actions I can produce to limit the pains.

The days that follow are difficult. We give Alicent a queen's funeral, as she was just weeks away from becoming one. I am the one that gives the command to Xareni to light her corpse on fire. We stand there watching, waiting, for something that we remain unaware of.

Daemon has finally written word to us, to Rhaenyra and I. It is his final warning for the chaos he is to bring to us. He states that we can either hand over our position and give him the throne, or we can watch as he burns our city to ashes so that he may rebuild it again when he is king. Both of the options end in him sitting on the throne.

"Sometimes I think it may just be easiest to make him the king," Rhaenyra says from the head of the table, looking at the parchment. The rest of the council has left, in preparation for the battle, to ready their armies. "But then I see the faces of father and Alicent in my mind and I know their sacrifices will not go unspoken. I will fight for them as they fought for me." Her voice grows shallow at the mention of the fallen.

"I too have had the same thoughts, sister." I let her know that she is not alone. This is the most isolated she's been. She is fatherless, motherless, and has lost her best friend who carried the child that would bring her at least a small amount of hope. She has only me left, of those that truly care for her. For someone so young she has gone through so much. Most people commonly overlook that.

She looks up at me, her earrings dangle at the motion. "War will be here in the morning and I do not know if I am prepared." She states. I know she is ready. She has already made space for the villagers in the safe holds, therefore no innocent lives will be lost. She has laid out the plans of battle formations, made sure the knights are well fed and rested, and has written to our allies that the days that follow will be rough and she may need their help.

She is a good queen despite the fact that her rule has already been bombarded by chaos. She hasn't had one single day where she can relax, or think about her own future, she's only been able to think about the futures of those around her.